Accountant Forums

CA capital gains and losses question

03-17-2011, 05:57 PM
I had a question with regards to capital gains and losses for CA. I am using turbo tax to do my taxes and in the capital gains and losses section they ask on CA source of income for the stocks. Not sure what is meant by CA source of income?? I had questions about 3 situations

1: Stocks I brought when I lived in NJ and sold off there?? Do I need to report these in CA??
2: Stocks I brouhgt when in NJ and sold when in CA?? How do I calculate percentage of CA income in those
3: Stocks of company that I brought when in both states and sold in CA??

Also I was a resident of NJ in 2009 and lived there for 4 months in 2010 before moving permenantely to CA. Whne I file my NJ taxes do I file as part year resident or non resident?? ANy kind of help is appreciated.

Regards
Tom