Accountant Forums

Can't enter transactions in Quicken Mobile (Android)

Mike R.
      07-10-2013, 07:08 PM
I have tried using the Android Quicken Mobile app to input transactions but when I change the default selected account it won't let me go back to the transaction screen. What am I missing?

Also, it keeps telling me I have the incorrect login information for my bank but I have entered it correctly. Why do I even need bank connectivity in this app anyway?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike R.
      07-18-2013, 01:13 PM
On Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:08:39 PM UTC-4, Mike R. wrote:
> I have tried using the Android Quicken Mobile app to input transactions but when I change the default selected account it won't let me go back to the transaction screen. What am I missing?
>
>
>
> Also, it keeps telling me I have the incorrect login information for my bank but I have entered it correctly. Why do I even need bank connectivity in this app anyway?
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Anyone? Bueller?

Al
      07-18-2013, 02:54 PM
On Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:08:39 PM UTC-4, Mike R. wrote:
> I have tried using the Android Quicken Mobile app to input transactions but when I change the default selected account it won't let me go back to the transaction screen. What am I missing?
>
>
>
> Also, it keeps telling me I have the incorrect login information for my bank but I have entered it correctly. Why do I even need bank connectivity in this app anyway?
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Not familiar with Quicken app (apart from knowing its operations involve cloud work), but would like to know why indeed does it require bank connection as user only wants to enter transactions in his Quicken accounts.

Truth in posting: I still maintain an old Windows smartphone (as if it were just a PDA) exclusively to use Pocket Quicken. It would be nice to use Quicken 13 & phone app, although that requires connectivity, which can be expensive when traveling abroad.

itk@silent.com
      07-22-2013, 02:28 PM
"Mike R." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:08:39 PM UTC-4, Mike R. wrote:
>> I have tried using the Android Quicken Mobile app to input transactions but when I change the default selected account it won't let me go back to the transaction screen. What am I missing?
>>
>>
>>
>> Also, it keeps telling me I have the incorrect login information for my bank but I have entered it correctly. Why do I even need bank connectivity in this app anyway?
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mike

>
>Anyone? Bueller?

When you've changed the selected account, the phone's back button
should bring you back to the transaction screen.

If an account is connected to the bank in Quicken, then when you sync
that account to Mobile, the mobile device will be updated from the
bank so you can see the latest transactions, even if you haven't
recently synced it from Quicken.

I don't know why it says you have incorrect login information. Might
be worth disconnecting that account from syncing in Quicken, then
choosing it to sync again.

Mike R.
      07-23-2013, 02:41 PM
On Monday, July 22, 2013 10:28:08 AM UTC-4, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>
>
> When you've changed the selected account, the phone's back button
>
> should bring you back to the transaction screen.
>
>
>
> If an account is connected to the bank in Quicken, then when you sync
>
> that account to Mobile, the mobile device will be updated from the
>
> bank so you can see the latest transactions, even if you haven't
>
> recently synced it from Quicken.
>
>
>
> I don't know why it says you have incorrect login information. Might
>
> be worth disconnecting that account from syncing in Quicken, then
>
> choosing it to sync again.

I think I figured it out. Instead of choosing to enter a transaction from the overview screen I clicked on accounts first and selected the account I want. Still, the other way should work.

Thanks.