Accountant Forums


Reply
Thread Tools

Credit Card Balances in Parentheses

 
 
bver911
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      04-29-2007, 03:16 PM
This might be a dumb question, but what does it mean when my credit card
balance in the register show up in Red and in parentheses? Then, when I look
at the Account Listing, the same credit card "Adj. Balance" shows in Black
and without the parens.

I'm confused. Can someone please explain this for me. Thanks!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Cal Learner-- MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      04-29-2007, 03:38 PM
In microsoft.public.money, bver911 wrote:

>This might be a dumb question, but what does it mean when my credit card
>balance in the register show up in Red and in parentheses?


It means you have a credit balance.

If you don't actually have a credit balance, and it is a new
account, it probably means you entered your starting balance as a
negative number. That needs to be a positive number if you owe.

> Then, when I look
>at the Account Listing, the same credit card "Adj. Balance" shows in Black
>and without the parens.


The credit card balance is what you owe. You owe a negative amount
if you have a credit balance.

The account list works the other way; shows what you have. If you
owe money, it is negative.



>
>I'm confused. Can someone please explain this for me. Thanks!

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
bver911
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      04-30-2007, 02:34 AM
Thanks a lot for your explanation. I understand now.

B

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, bver911 wrote:
>
> >This might be a dumb question, but what does it mean when my credit card
> >balance in the register show up in Red and in parentheses?

>
> It means you have a credit balance.
>
> If you don't actually have a credit balance, and it is a new
> account, it probably means you entered your starting balance as a
> negative number. That needs to be a positive number if you owe.
>
> > Then, when I look
> >at the Account Listing, the same credit card "Adj. Balance" shows in Black
> >and without the parens.

>
> The credit card balance is what you owe. You owe a negative amount
> if you have a credit balance.
>
> The account list works the other way; shows what you have. If you
> owe money, it is negative.
>
>
>
> >
> >I'm confused. Can someone please explain this for me. Thanks!

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
credit card gift card balances not authorized properly reng Microsoft Point Of Sale 1 08-13-2008 03:32 AM
Can I view CURRENT Balances rather than ENDING Balances on Home Pa Steve Microsoft Money 1 05-09-2008 06:03 PM
reports-how to show a negative value w/o parentheses Lisa Microsoft Money 1 10-07-2003 11:24 AM
On Line Stmt Balances Different than Account List Balances wldonnell Microsoft Money 2 08-13-2003 01:52 PM
"Read Online Stmts" balances different than "Account List" balances wldonnell Microsoft Money 0 08-11-2003 11:13 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:40 PM.
Posts in this forum do not constitute the advice of AccountantForums.com or its members. Financial advice should always be taken from qualified advisors before committing to a financial decision.