Accountant Forums


Reply
Thread Tools

DLA appeal and backdated money

 
 
jennifer.gray3
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-18-2005, 07:44 PM
I atttended a DLA appeal tribunal yesterday and was awarded middle rate of
care from the 26th March 2004. Until yesterday I was getting the low rate of
care, can anyone tell me how long they will take in sorting out how much
they owe me. My guess is a lot longer than if they had over paid me.

Thanks
Jenny


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Martin Davies
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-18-2005, 08:42 PM

"jennifer.gray3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cv5gih$ncj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I atttended a DLA appeal tribunal yesterday and was awarded middle rate of
> care from the 26th March 2004. Until yesterday I was getting the low rate

of
> care, can anyone tell me how long they will take in sorting out how much
> they owe me. My guess is a lot longer than if they had over paid me.
>
> Thanks
> Jenny
>
>


Give them a chance. First they have to be notified of the appeal decision.
I've seen it done in just a couple of weeks from appeal decision, depending
on backlogs.

Martin <><


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dave xxxx
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-18-2005, 08:50 PM
jennifer.gray3 wrote:
> I atttended a DLA appeal tribunal yesterday and was awarded middle
> rate of care from the 26th March 2004. Until yesterday I was getting
> the low rate of care, can anyone tell me how long they will take in
> sorting out how much they owe me. My guess is a lot longer than if
> they had over paid me.
> Thanks
> Jenny


The paper work has to get back to Blackpool, this I would suspect go off today after this weeks batch of appeals
is finished.

Given them a week to update your details on computer.

Then it has to tie in with a tape run and your pay date.

No longer than three weeks.


Do not take as gospel the paper work you get showing how they worked out what they owe you.

Sit down and do the sums yourself.

Its about 1,050 to 1,200 they owe you

differance is about 23 a week not sure of numbers only get mobility at higher rate (so far)


Dave

www.davewhitter.myby.co.uk

Music is Art - Audio is Engineering
Steam is Fun



 
Reply With Quote
 
Bill
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-26-2005, 03:23 PM
Work out the difference between low rate care and middle rate care, then
contact them and tell them how many weeks/money they owe you. Then you will
wait about 2 weeks for your money. Don't delay get on with this today, any
holds ups will be up to you now.

Bill

"jennifer.gray3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cv5gih$ncj$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I atttended a DLA appeal tribunal yesterday and was awarded middle rate of
>care from the 26th March 2004. Until yesterday I was getting the low rate
>of care, can anyone tell me how long they will take in sorting out how much
>they owe me. My guess is a lot longer than if they had over paid me.
>
> Thanks
> Jenny
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Bill
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-26-2005, 03:25 PM

"Martin Davies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:wqsRd.77125$(E-Mail Removed) k...
>
> "jennifer.gray3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cv5gih$ncj$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I atttended a DLA appeal tribunal yesterday and was awarded middle rate
>> of
>> care from the 26th March 2004. Until yesterday I was getting the low rate

> of
>> care, can anyone tell me how long they will take in sorting out how much
>> they owe me. My guess is a lot longer than if they had over paid me.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jenny
>>
>>

>
> Give them a chance. First they have to be notified of the appeal decision.
> I've seen it done in just a couple of weeks from appeal decision,
> depending
> on backlogs.
>
> Martin <><
>
>


Why give them any chance Martin this lady is entitled to this money.

Bill


 
Reply With Quote
 
Robbie
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-26-2005, 04:23 PM

Bill wrote:
> Work out the difference between low rate care and middle rate care,

then
> contact them and tell them how many weeks/money they owe you. Then

you will
> wait about 2 weeks for your money. Don't delay get on with this

today, any
> holds ups will be up to you now.
>
> Bill
>
> "jennifer.gray3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cv5gih$ncj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I atttended a DLA appeal tribunal yesterday and was awarded middle

rate of
> >care from the 26th March 2004. Until yesterday I was getting the low

rate
> >of care, can anyone tell me how long they will take in sorting out

how much
> >they owe me. My guess is a lot longer than if they had over paid

me.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jenny
> >


Going off when the person originally posted, I'd say she should have
her money by mid March - it takes about two weeks for the paperwork to
get back to DLA unit, then another two weeks for them to process that
and send out payment. I'd guess she's got another two weeks to go
before she'll see the money in her bank account...

Robbie

 
Reply With Quote
 
Martin Davies
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-26-2005, 06:39 PM

"Bill" <I hate (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Kx0Ud.547$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Martin Davies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:wqsRd.77125$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> >
> > "jennifer.gray3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:cv5gih$ncj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> I atttended a DLA appeal tribunal yesterday and was awarded middle rate
> >> of
> >> care from the 26th March 2004. Until yesterday I was getting the low

rate
> > of
> >> care, can anyone tell me how long they will take in sorting out how

much
> >> they owe me. My guess is a lot longer than if they had over paid me.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Jenny
> >>
> >>

> >
> > Give them a chance. First they have to be notified of the appeal

decision.
> > I've seen it done in just a couple of weeks from appeal decision,
> > depending
> > on backlogs.
> >
> > Martin <><
> >
> >

>
> Why give them any chance Martin this lady is entitled to this money.
>
> Bill
>
>

Its been awarded.
You know that, I know that - but takes more than a day for DLA at Blackpool
to be told it.

Martin <><


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DLA Appeal me UK Tax Credits and Benefits 4 06-14-2007 06:31 PM
DLA - review. appeal or try again? tiresias UK Tax Credits and Benefits 4 05-14-2004 06:45 PM
Repost: Income Support Backdated payment (shortened and simplified) David UK Tax Credits and Benefits 2 07-19-2003 02:53 AM
Repost: Income Support Backdated payment (shortened and simplified) David UK Tax Credits and Benefits 0 07-17-2003 08:15 PM
Repost: Income Support Backdated payment (shorened and simplified) David UK Tax Credits and Benefits 0 07-17-2003 08:02 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:58 PM.
Posts in this forum do not constitute the advice of AccountantForums.com or its members. Financial advice should always be taken from qualified advisors before committing to a financial decision.