Accountant Forums


Reply
Thread Tools

Fidelity Money Market not showing up in Quicken

 
 
MikeH
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      01-04-2007, 08:00 AM
Quicken 2007 Personal

One of my Fidelity accounts has shares in a money market (FDRXX) This is
NOT the core account. Interest payments/reinvestments show in the register
and the present value of the money market shows up in the Online Center
Balances tab. The value of this issue is not reflected anywhere else. All
reports which should reflect this amount are short. Is there anything I
need to do to have Quicken reflect the actual net worth of the account?



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
L
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      01-04-2007, 12:54 PM
"MikeH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Quicken 2007 Personal
>
> One of my Fidelity accounts has shares in a money market (FDRXX) This is
> NOT the core account. Interest payments/reinvestments show in the
> register and the present value of the money market shows up in the Online
> Center Balances tab. The value of this issue is not reflected anywhere
> else.


It shows in the register and in the online balance.... where else would you
expect to see it?

> All reports which should reflect this amount are short.


Examples, please.

> Is there anything I need to do to have Quicken reflect the actual net
> worth of the account?
>

I'm not sure what you are asking. You stated the register and online balance
were correct. What do you want/need?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jim Jensen
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      01-04-2007, 03:20 PM
"MikeH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Quicken 2007 Personal
>
> One of my Fidelity accounts has shares in a money market (FDRXX)
> This is NOT the core account. Interest payments/reinvestments show
> in the register and the present value of the money market shows up in
> the Online Center Balances tab. The value of this issue is not
> reflected anywhere else. All reports which should reflect this
> amount are short. Is there anything I need to do to have Quicken
> reflect the actual net worth of the account?


1. Make sure the security is showing up in your price history at $1.
2. In the reports settings, Advanced tab, try playing with the "Include unrealized gains" check box.




 
Reply With Quote
 
MikeH
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      01-04-2007, 03:51 PM
The left panel, under "Investing Center" lists each account and its total
value. The value of this account as shown does not reflect the money
market. If, in the right panel, I show "Value" or "Recent Performance" or
any other format that has a "Market Value" column, grouped by "Accounts",
the total for the account excludes the money market. If I do the net worth
report or any investment report that shows the value of the account they all
exclude the money market.

Only the transaction list (I called this the register) shows the
reinvestment of interest each month. The Online Center balances has a field
"networth" which includes the money market.

"L" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XN6nh.3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "MikeH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Quicken 2007 Personal
>>
>> One of my Fidelity accounts has shares in a money market (FDRXX) This is
>> NOT the core account. Interest payments/reinvestments show in the
>> register and the present value of the money market shows up in the Online
>> Center Balances tab. The value of this issue is not reflected anywhere
>> else.

>
> It shows in the register and in the online balance.... where else would
> you expect to see it?
>
>> All reports which should reflect this amount are short.

>
> Examples, please.
>
>> Is there anything I need to do to have Quicken reflect the actual net
>> worth of the account?
>>

> I'm not sure what you are asking. You stated the register and online
> balance were correct. What do you want/need?
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
MikeH
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      01-04-2007, 04:19 PM
I played with the "Include unrealized gains" check box (it had been set to
include unrealized gains) and it had no effect.

I just now discovered that if I high-light this Fidelity account under
Investing Center in the left pane and select the summary tab in the right
panel the money market IS included and the total Market Value for the
account includes the money market. Nowhere else (except under Online Center
balances) is the correct market value shown.

The price history for the money market shows it constant at $1.

I don't know if it is relevant but the core account is set up to show
separately as a "checking account".

"Jim Jensen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vX8nh.28703$(E-Mail Removed) t...
"MikeH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Quicken 2007 Personal
>
> One of my Fidelity accounts has shares in a money market (FDRXX)
> This is NOT the core account. Interest payments/reinvestments show
> in the register and the present value of the money market shows up in
> the Online Center Balances tab. The value of this issue is not
> reflected anywhere else. All reports which should reflect this
> amount are short. Is there anything I need to do to have Quicken
> reflect the actual net worth of the account?


1. Make sure the security is showing up in your price history at $1.
2. In the reports settings, Advanced tab, try playing with the "Include
unrealized gains" check box.





 
Reply With Quote
 
Jim Jensen
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      01-04-2007, 07:11 PM
> news:vX8nh.28703$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> "MikeH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Quicken 2007 Personal
>>
>> One of my Fidelity accounts has shares in a money market (FDRXX)
>> This is NOT the core account. Interest payments/reinvestments show
>> in the register and the present value of the money market shows up in
>> the Online Center Balances tab. The value of this issue is not
>> reflected anywhere else. All reports which should reflect this
>> amount are short. Is there anything I need to do to have Quicken
>> reflect the actual net worth of the account?


> 1. Make sure the security is showing up in your price history at $1.
> 2. In the reports settings, Advanced tab, try playing with the
> "Include unrealized gains" check box.


> I played with the "Include unrealized gains" check box (it had been
> set to include unrealized gains) and it had no effect.
>
> I just now discovered that if I high-light this Fidelity account under
> Investing Center in the left pane and select the summary tab in the
> right panel the money market IS included and the total Market Value
> for the account includes the money market. Nowhere else (except
> under Online Center balances) is the correct market value shown.
>
> The price history for the money market shows it constant at $1.
>
> I don't know if it is relevant but the core account is set up to show
> separately as a "checking account".


Have you looked at your report settings (Customize, Securities) to confirm FDRXX is
checked? That's about all that comes to mind without actually seeing your data file.



 
Reply With Quote
 
MikeH
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      01-04-2007, 07:39 PM
FDRXX is checked in report settings. I discovered I had it hidden in the
Security List but unhiding it did not resolve the problem.


"Jim Jensen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hjcnh.2425$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> news:vX8nh.28703$(E-Mail Removed) t...
>> "MikeH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Quicken 2007 Personal
>>>
>>> One of my Fidelity accounts has shares in a money market (FDRXX)
>>> This is NOT the core account. Interest payments/reinvestments show
>>> in the register and the present value of the money market shows up in
>>> the Online Center Balances tab. The value of this issue is not
>>> reflected anywhere else. All reports which should reflect this
>>> amount are short. Is there anything I need to do to have Quicken
>>> reflect the actual net worth of the account?

>
>> 1. Make sure the security is showing up in your price history at $1.
>> 2. In the reports settings, Advanced tab, try playing with the
>> "Include unrealized gains" check box.

>
>> I played with the "Include unrealized gains" check box (it had been
>> set to include unrealized gains) and it had no effect.
>>
>> I just now discovered that if I high-light this Fidelity account under
>> Investing Center in the left pane and select the summary tab in the
>> right panel the money market IS included and the total Market Value
>> for the account includes the money market. Nowhere else (except
>> under Online Center balances) is the correct market value shown.
>>
>> The price history for the money market shows it constant at $1.
>>
>> I don't know if it is relevant but the core account is set up to show
>> separately as a "checking account".

>
> Have you looked at your report settings (Customize, Securities) to confirm
> FDRXX is checked? That's about all that comes to mind without actually
> seeing your data file.
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fidelity Money Market suddenly has lost it's $1 asset value jo Quicken 7 04-23-2011 01:55 AM
FSCS of Money Market Funds (eg, Fidelity etc) js.b1@ntlworld.com UK Finance 1 10-09-2008 10:39 PM
How do I enter current market value for Canadian bonds and funds that Quicken does NOT get Market Value for? RsH Quicken 2 11-09-2007 05:58 AM
online update - newest transaction not showing up in quicken register behappy Quicken 4 09-05-2004 03:38 PM
Fidelity Investments not showing up as online Alec Microsoft Money 2 10-04-2003 10:00 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:41 PM.
Posts in this forum do not constitute the advice of AccountantForums.com or its members. Financial advice should always be taken from qualified advisors before committing to a financial decision.