Accountant Forums

Thread Tools

Form 3949-A. Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity?
Posts: n/a
      07-01-2007, 10:06 PM
This is amusing; the IRS expects us do do all their work!!
I called their 800# once when I got stiffed by a client who
just wanted me to "make it look reasonable"

I got no call back and no thank you. If you knew all the
answers to these questions, the Taxpayer would know it was
YOU truning him in!!

"Your identity can be kept confidential." Can the
Government keep any secrets??

"Sleep well"

How Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity?

If you suspect or know of an individual or company that is
not complying with the tax laws, you may report this
activity by completing Form 3949-A. You may fill out Form
3949-A online, print it and mail it to:

Internal Revenue Service
Fresno, CA 93888

If you do not wish to use Form 3949-A, you may send a letter
to the address above. Please include the following
information, if available:

Name and address of the person you are reporting
The taxpayer identification number (social security number
for an individual or employer identification number for a
A brief description of the alleged violation, including how
you became aware of or obtained the information
The years involved
The estimated dollar amount of any unreported income
Your name, address and daytime telephone number
Although you are not required to identify yourself, it is
helpful to do so. Your identity can be kept confidential.
You may also be entitled to a reward.

Frequently Asked Questions - 1.13 IRS Procedures: Reporting

How to Report Abusive Tax Promotions and/or Promoters:
Complete the referral form which documents the information
necessary to report an abusive tax avoidance scheme. The
form can be mailed or faxed to the IRS address and fax
number on the form.

Then get this; To turn in of US, just use this handy e-mail
address (E-Mail Removed)

How to Report Abusive CPAs, Attorneys, or Enrolled Agents:
Report suspicious actions by tax professionals to the email
address of the IRS Office of Professional Responsibility.

<< ------------------------------------------------------- >>
<< The foregoing was not intended or written to be used, >>
<< nor can it used, for the purpose of avoiding penalties >>
<< that may be imposed upon the taxpayer. >>
<< >>
<< The Charter and the Guidelines for submitting posts >>
<< to this newsgroup as well as our anti-spamming policy >>
<< are at >>
<< Copyright (2006) - All rights reserved. >>
<< ------------------------------------------------------- >>
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
E-commerce - Is there *anybody* I can report online card fraud to?Can I tell the cardholder? Maria UK Finance 6 02-22-2009 02:36 PM
Who do you report a suspected phishing website to? Maria UK Finance 6 01-30-2009 10:35 PM
As a Retailer, Who do you Report Card Fraud To? Maria UK Finance 39 07-23-2007 10:25 AM
reward for reporting tax fraud bill Tax 7 10-22-2004 07:42 AM
urgent: tax fraud & inland revenue momo Tax 1 07-18-2003 07:05 PM

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:48 PM.
Posts in this forum do not constitute the advice of or its members. Financial advice should always be taken from qualified advisors before committing to a financial decision.