Accountant Forums

Thread Tools

Green card and child dependent

Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3
Thanked: 0
      02-24-2010, 09:08 PM
My client who is a green card holde got married to a foreign person in USA in September,2009. Since that time they have been living together, and his wife has 2 y.o. child from a previous marriage. Immigration paperwork hve been filed.

Can I claim the child as a dependent when I file their (MFJ) tax return?
Wife and child do not have SSnumbers. Wife did not work.


Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: dependent daycare FSA and dependent care credit Alan Tax 3 02-12-2010 08:04 PM
dependent care benefits and credit for child and dependent care expenses Tobi Tax 2 03-13-2006 07:37 PM
Saying something has green dots doesn't mean they have green dots if they don't! Troy Steadman UK Accountancy 6 02-27-2006 05:10 PM
Child Tax Credit for non dependent child SMF Tax 4 02-24-2006 12:38 AM
Amex Caste Card. (Green card CS) UK Finance 10 06-27-2005 09:42 AM

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:11 AM.
Posts in this forum do not constitute the advice of or its members. Financial advice should always be taken from qualified advisors before committing to a financial decision.