Accountant Forums


Reply
Thread Tools

investment cash account

 
 
Manlio
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      03-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Time ago , my Money created a cash account related to a fund
investment. Now my fund has been closed and deleted but the cash
account remains alive and I am unable, despite many attempt, to
cancel.
Any help ? Thanks
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Cal Learner
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      03-25-2011, 08:16 AM
In microsoft.public.uk.money, Manlio wrote:

>Time ago , my Money created a cash account related to a fund
>investment. Now my fund has been closed and deleted but the cash
>account remains alive and I am unable, despite many attempt, to
>cancel.
>Any help ? Thanks


Money 2005?

In Account List make sure SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts
is not checked. Do you see the investment account? Right-click and
choose SeeAccountSettings. Un-tick TrackCashTransactions.

If you *are* using Money 2005, have you made your re-installation
disk? It's very important.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Manlio
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      03-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Followup to msg on Fri, 25 Mar 2011 03:16:00 -0500, Cal Learner
<> :
(Original msg on bottom)

Hi,
first: thank you for answering.
My Money version is 2004.
If I go to account list I see the investment account greyed and
"closed". It is not hided.

Right clicked there is no "account settings" but only:
see transactions (void)
summary
details
In the last the "close account" is checked.
There is also "delete", but if I click it , I get
"this operation cannot be performed".
The same happens if I go to "Menu-Set Up your accounts" and click on
"delete an account permanently".
There must be some transaction or handle linked to the account, but
any list is void and I am unable to find a solution.
I have spent hours on that problem without any result.
Thanks again
Manlio



>In microsoft.public.uk.money, Manlio wrote:
>
>>Time ago , my Money created a cash account related to a fund
>>investment. Now my fund has been closed and deleted but the cash
>>account remains alive and I am unable, despite many attempt, to
>>cancel.
>>Any help ? Thanks

>
>Money 2005?
>
>In Account List make sure SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts
>is not checked. Do you see the investment account? Right-click and
>choose SeeAccountSettings. Un-tick TrackCashTransactions.
>
>If you *are* using Money 2005, have you made your re-installation
>disk? It's very important.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Manlio
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      03-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Followup to msg on Fri, 25 Mar 2011 13:02:48 GMT, Manlio
<> :
(Original msg on bottom)

I forgot to say:
I cannot permanently delete also if I re-open the account, before
deleting .





>Followup to msg on Fri, 25 Mar 2011 03:16:00 -0500, Cal Learner
><> :
> (Original msg on bottom)
>
>Hi,
>first: thank you for answering.
>My Money version is 2004.
>If I go to account list I see the investment account greyed and
>"closed". It is not hided.
>
>Right clicked there is no "account settings" but only:
>see transactions (void)
>summary
>details
>In the last the "close account" is checked.
>There is also "delete", but if I click it , I get
>"this operation cannot be performed".
>The same happens if I go to "Menu-Set Up your accounts" and click on
>"delete an account permanently".
>There must be some transaction or handle linked to the account, but
>any list is void and I am unable to find a solution.
>I have spent hours on that problem without any result.
>Thanks again
>Manlio
>
>
>
>>In microsoft.public.uk.money, Manlio wrote:
>>
>>>Time ago , my Money created a cash account related to a fund
>>>investment. Now my fund has been closed and deleted but the cash
>>>account remains alive and I am unable, despite many attempt, to
>>>cancel.
>>>Any help ? Thanks

>>
>>Money 2005?
>>
>>In Account List make sure SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts
>>is not checked. Do you see the investment account? Right-click and
>>choose SeeAccountSettings. Un-tick TrackCashTransactions.
>>
>>If you *are* using Money 2005, have you made your re-installation
>>disk? It's very important.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Cal Learner
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      03-25-2011, 02:15 PM
In microsoft.public.uk.money, Manlio wrote:

>
>Hi,
>first: thank you for answering.
>My Money version is 2004.
>If I go to account list I see the investment account greyed and
>"closed". It is not hided.
>
>Right clicked there is no "account settings" but only:
>see transactions (void)
>summary
>details
>In the last the "close account" is checked.
>There is also "delete", but if I click it , I get
>"this operation cannot be performed".
>The same happens if I go to "Menu-Set Up your accounts" and click on
>"delete an account permanently".
>There must be some transaction or handle linked to the account, but
>any list is void and I am unable to find a solution.
>I have spent hours on that problem without any result.
>Thanks again


If using Vista or Windows 7, it is important that your Money file
(*.mny) not be within the ProgramFiles folder. Your Documents folder
is a common place.

Do Help->About. If the version is 14.0.120.1105, then you have Money
2005. You should make an install disk with the updates, since the
update server is gone. See
http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx
Money 2004 is version 12.0.*.*

You want to make a repaired version of your file. Use level 2.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902466
 
Reply With Quote
 
Manlio
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      03-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Followup to msg on Fri, 25 Mar 2011 09:15:46 -0500, Cal Learner
<> :
(Original msg on bottom)

Hi Cal,
as I wrote, my version is Money 2004 i.e. 12.0. The data file is, of
course in documents.
Anyhow I will try to use the file repair tool and return here for
reporting.
Thanks
Manlio



>In microsoft.public.uk.money, Manlio wrote:
>
>>
>>Hi,
>>first: thank you for answering.
>>My Money version is 2004.
>>If I go to account list I see the investment account greyed and
>>"closed". It is not hided.
>>
>>Right clicked there is no "account settings" but only:
>>see transactions (void)
>>summary
>>details
>>In the last the "close account" is checked.
>>There is also "delete", but if I click it , I get
>>"this operation cannot be performed".
>>The same happens if I go to "Menu-Set Up your accounts" and click on
>>"delete an account permanently".
>>There must be some transaction or handle linked to the account, but
>>any list is void and I am unable to find a solution.
>>I have spent hours on that problem without any result.
>>Thanks again

>
>If using Vista or Windows 7, it is important that your Money file
>(*.mny) not be within the ProgramFiles folder. Your Documents folder
>is a common place.
>
>Do Help->About. If the version is 14.0.120.1105, then you have Money
>2005. You should make an install disk with the updates, since the
>update server is gone. See
>http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx
>Money 2004 is version 12.0.*.*
>
>You want to make a repaired version of your file. Use level 2.
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902466


 
Reply With Quote
 
Manlio
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      03-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Followup to msg on Fri, 25 Mar 2011 16:58:18 GMT, Manlio
<> :
(Original msg on bottom)
Hi,
after the repair, no changes occur.
The problem is hidden in some other cause.
Thanks for your attention.
Manlio



>Followup to msg on Fri, 25 Mar 2011 09:15:46 -0500, Cal Learner
><> :
> (Original msg on bottom)
>
>Hi Cal,
>as I wrote, my version is Money 2004 i.e. 12.0. The data file is, of
>course in documents.
>Anyhow I will try to use the file repair tool and return here for
>reporting.
>Thanks
>Manlio
>
>
>
>>In microsoft.public.uk.money, Manlio wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>Hi,
>>>first: thank you for answering.
>>>My Money version is 2004.
>>>If I go to account list I see the investment account greyed and
>>>"closed". It is not hided.
>>>
>>>Right clicked there is no "account settings" but only:
>>>see transactions (void)
>>>summary
>>>details
>>>In the last the "close account" is checked.
>>>There is also "delete", but if I click it , I get
>>>"this operation cannot be performed".
>>>The same happens if I go to "Menu-Set Up your accounts" and click on
>>>"delete an account permanently".
>>>There must be some transaction or handle linked to the account, but
>>>any list is void and I am unable to find a solution.
>>>I have spent hours on that problem without any result.
>>>Thanks again

>>
>>If using Vista or Windows 7, it is important that your Money file
>>(*.mny) not be within the ProgramFiles folder. Your Documents folder
>>is a common place.
>>
>>Do Help->About. If the version is 14.0.120.1105, then you have Money
>>2005. You should make an install disk with the updates, since the
>>update server is gone. See
>>http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx
>>Money 2004 is version 12.0.*.*
>>
>>You want to make a repaired version of your file. Use level 2.
>>
>>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902466


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cannot link correct cash account to investment account Peters48 Microsoft Money 1 01-03-2008 06:37 PM
Cannot accept downloaded transactions into Ameritrade-Cash account "You should make this change from the investment account" message Brian Whiting Quicken 1 07-08-2006 01:20 PM
Matching Nationwide account to Investment cash account Jerry Microsoft Money UK 3 08-13-2004 07:49 AM
Using Investment "Cash" account for a Savings Account? Jeff P. Microsoft Money 2 08-08-2004 08:41 PM
Re: linking a cash account to an investment account Philip Quicken 1 04-01-2004 04:48 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:00 AM.
Posts in this forum do not constitute the advice of AccountantForums.com or its members. Financial advice should always be taken from qualified advisors before committing to a financial decision.