Accountant Forums


Reply
Thread Tools

Long Pause when printing or exporting to Customized Word Template

 
 
noahisaac
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      04-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Hi -

When I try to print or export an invoice from a template I've customized in
Word, there's a pause of about 1 minute for each invoice before it actually
loads up in Word. I'm running an older version of Word (from Office 2000
Small Business), but it's fully updated with service packs and patches. The
computer is a relatively fast machine running XP Pro SP2. The templates
themselves load quickly if I open the files directly in Word, and Word
doesn't have any startup Macros or anything. Anybody have an ideas on how I
can figure out and fix the problem?

Thanks,
Noah
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
sharonm
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      04-11-2007, 01:10 AM


"noahisaac" wrote:

> Hi -
>
> When I try to print or export an invoice from a template I've customized in
> Word, there's a pause of about 1 minute for each invoice before it actually
> loads up in Word. I'm running an older version of Word (from Office 2000
> Small Business), but it's fully updated with service packs and patches. The
> computer is a relatively fast machine running XP Pro SP2. The templates
> themselves load quickly if I open the files directly in Word, and Word
> doesn't have any startup Macros or anything. Anybody have an ideas on how I
> can figure out and fix the problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Noah

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
sharonm
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      04-11-2007, 01:12 AM
I am running Office 2007 and have exactly the same problem

"noahisaac" wrote:

> Hi -
>
> When I try to print or export an invoice from a template I've customized in
> Word, there's a pause of about 1 minute for each invoice before it actually
> loads up in Word. I'm running an older version of Word (from Office 2000
> Small Business), but it's fully updated with service packs and patches. The
> computer is a relatively fast machine running XP Pro SP2. The templates
> themselves load quickly if I open the files directly in Word, and Word
> doesn't have any startup Macros or anything. Anybody have an ideas on how I
> can figure out and fix the problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Noah

 
Reply With Quote
 
koulaid@tastegreat.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      04-12-2007, 12:31 AM
I just timed mine. One minute - twenty eight seconds!. The time is from
pressing OK in the print box until the printer starts to do something. I
think this is a feature! I am using Office 2007 and OA 2007 pro. It was
about the same time using SBA 2006 and Office 2003.
 
Reply With Quote
 
sharonm
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      04-12-2007, 12:54 AM


"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> I just timed mine. One minute - twenty eight seconds!. The time is from
> pressing OK in the print box until the printer starts to do something. I
> think this is a feature! I am using Office 2007 and OA 2007 pro. It was
> about the same time using SBA 2006 and Office 2003.
>


My problem is not with printing - that happens fairly quickly. The issue is
with transferring the data to Word to print an invoice.
 
Reply With Quote
 
koulaid@tastegreat.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      04-12-2007, 01:18 PM
I assume you mean "export to Word". I timed that as well and it is a little
faster, one minute fifteen seconds. I am using a modified Word template for
invoices. The only doc that prints quickly on my machine is the " basic
form" . If I use a Word template for anything, it takes over a minute
before I can do anything else.

This is frustrating features number 13.
 
Reply With Quote
 
sharonm
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      04-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. At least I know now it's not my computer
just being slow!!
 
Reply With Quote
 
noahisaac
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      04-14-2007, 02:44 AM
> Yes, that's exactly what I mean. At least I know now it's not my computer
> just being slow!!


It may sound a little twisted, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one
experiencing this. Maybe someone from Microsoft can help us out?

- Noah
 
Reply With Quote
 
William Burnett
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      04-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Why in the world would they "fix" it. They do not see it as broken. The
whole "office integration" thing is by design, and that "wait" is just part
of the process to get the office program and all of the security and data
from one packge into the other. They are too busy asking people to vote on
features to put in the next version to look back and see what is wrong with
this version. They do not understand accounting software from a small
business standpoint. The entire invoicing functionality is broken. Good
luck...

"noahisaac" wrote:

> > Yes, that's exactly what I mean. At least I know now it's not my computer
> > just being slow!!

>
> It may sound a little twisted, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one
> experiencing this. Maybe someone from Microsoft can help us out?
>
> - Noah

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I'm facing some problems when i'm tring to use microsoft office 2009 professional fo goblin.yankee@gmail.com Microsoft Accounting 3 09-11-2013 09:48 PM
Large pause on PO vendor select Tate Microsoft Accounting 2 01-24-2008 10:54 PM
How to pause printing between receipts Michael Thomas Microsoft Point Of Sale 1 07-31-2006 05:03 PM
Can I omit Kit components when exporting invoice to Word template Old Blind Dog Microsoft Accounting 1 07-21-2006 02:06 AM
Exporting Invoices to Word takes a long time Allan Martin, CPA Microsoft Accounting 2 09-12-2005 07:43 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:42 PM.
Posts in this forum do not constitute the advice of AccountantForums.com or its members. Financial advice should always be taken from qualified advisors before committing to a financial decision.