Accountant Forums


Reply
Thread Tools

Lost Password

 
 
Ernie Fenwick
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Hi

I have5 different sets of accounts on my computer. One personal, One golf
club and three for parish councils. Four accounts open, but one of the
parish council accounts is reporting that the password I enter is incorrect.
I have not changed the password in three years and as I have a council
meeting this evening, I am in a little bit of difficulty. Can anyone suggest
how I can re-open my files

Thanks in anticipation

Ernie


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Cal Learner
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-01-2010, 02:26 PM
In microsoft.public.uk.money, Ernie Fenwick wrote:

>
>
>I have5 different sets of accounts on my computer. One personal, One golf
>club and three for parish councils. Four accounts open, but one of the
>parish council accounts is reporting that the password I enter is incorrect.
>I have not changed the password in three years and as I have a council
>meeting this evening, I am in a little bit of difficulty. Can anyone suggest
>how I can re-open my files



It sounds as if either that parish council is running an earlier
version of Money than you are, or they are running Money 2005 on
Vista or W7 and they did not let the updates happen by the following
process after installation.

Find the sample.mny file in your install folder. That may be
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2005". Copy sample.mny file to
your Documents folder in Win7. Right-click the Money start icon
and select RunAsAdministrator. Click File->Open and browse to that
sample.mny file. Money 2005 will do an update. Close Money.
Reboot the computer. Then open Money and check that Help->About...
says you then have version 14.0.*.1105.

Make sure your .mny and .mbf files are in your Documents folder, or
at least not in the ProgramFiles folder. Then you should be able to
File->Open or Restore your existing
files.



See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx for a method of
making a self-contained disk for reinstall of Money 2005 with the
updates in place. Be sure to do this before end of January 2011.
Do not lose the disk.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Cal Learner
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-01-2010, 02:31 PM
In microsoft.public.uk.money, Cal Learner wrote:

>
>
>It sounds as if either that parish council is running an earlier
>version of Money than you are, or they are running Money 2005 on
>Vista or W7 and they did not let the updates happen by the following
>process after installation.


Note that if they run XP with Money 2005, they still need to open
the Sample.mny file as an administrator, but they don't need to
RunAsAdministrator.
 
Reply With Quote
 
teabag
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-02-2010, 08:07 AM
I assume you have one installation of (some version of) Money on your PC,
and 5 separate **1.mny thro **5.mny data files.

I suggest you find a backup of the **?.mny data file that won't open - and
see if you can reinstate that backup (choose a backup made BEFORE the
password issue arose).

teabag




"Ernie Fenwick" <> wrote in message
news:...
> Hi
>
> I have5 different sets of accounts on my computer. One personal, One golf
> club and three for parish councils. Four accounts open, but one of the
> parish council accounts is reporting that the password I enter is
> incorrect. I have not changed the password in three years and as I have a
> council meeting this evening, I am in a little bit of difficulty. Can
> anyone suggest how I can re-open my files
>
> Thanks in anticipation
>
> Ernie
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to recover lost password on QB Pro 2005 richardtyler2006@yahoo.com Quickbooks 1 05-15-2006 09:23 PM
Lost Password Scraps Quickbooks 4 11-27-2005 04:53 PM
Password lost J seba Quicken 7 11-17-2004 03:14 AM
Password? Password? who's got the password. Bud Anderson Microsoft Money 1 09-04-2004 05:19 AM
Lost one, this is lost two, over !! Vic Markey Quicken 5 12-06-2003 09:15 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:01 AM.
Posts in this forum do not constitute the advice of AccountantForums.com or its members. Financial advice should always be taken from qualified advisors before committing to a financial decision.