Accountant Forums


Reply
Thread Tools

Money requires an update to use online services

 
 
CJJE
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-03-2011, 06:30 PM
My copy of Money 2005 says that since 1/2/2011 it requires an update to
continue using online services. But cannot find an update file! Does this
mean that the software has now time-expired on us??? I realise that
Microsoft no longer wish to support the software, but surely it should keep
running as it is and not throw up erroneous messages seeking update files
that do not seem to exist?

Chris


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
ChrisW
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-03-2011, 07:15 PM
On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 18:30:29 -0000, "CJJE" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>My copy of Money 2005 says that since 1/2/2011 it requires an update to
>continue using online services. But cannot find an update file! Does this
>mean that the software has now time-expired on us??? I realise that
>Microsoft no longer wish to support the software, but surely it should keep
>running as it is and not throw up erroneous messages seeking update files
>that do not seem to exist?
>
>Chris
>


Microsoft has discontinued support for all on line services. It has
made available "sunset" editions of the US versions so that the
programme still works without online links. There is a work around
for the UK version of Money 2005 that allows the creation of a version
that will run without needing any online updates. Details can be
found here: http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx

You will note that you require to have a fully patched and operative
version of Money 2005 to be able to create the "permanent" version.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
DPat
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-04-2011, 08:41 AM
Does this answer the OP's question???

On Feb 3, 7:15*pm, ChrisW <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 18:30:29 -0000, "CJJE" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >My copy of Money 2005 says that since 1/2/2011 it requires an update to
> >continue using online services. But cannot find an update file! Does this
> >mean that the software has now time-expired on us??? I realise that
> >Microsoft no longer wish to support the software, but surely it should keep
> >running as it is and not throw up erroneous messages seeking update files
> >that do not seem to exist?

>
> >Chris

>
> Microsoft has discontinued support for all on line services. *It has
> made available "sunset" editions of the US versions so that the
> programme still works without online links. *There is a work around
> for the UK version of Money 2005 that allows the creation of a version
> that will run without needing any online updates. *Details can be
> found here:http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx
>
> You will note that you require to have a fully patched and operative
> version of Money 2005 to be able to create the "permanent" version.

 
Reply With Quote
 
DPat
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-04-2011, 03:08 PM
On Feb 4, 8:41*am, DPat <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does this answer the OP's question???
>
> On Feb 3, 7:15*pm, ChrisW <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 18:30:29 -0000, "CJJE" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:

>
> > >My copy of Money 2005 says that since 1/2/2011 it requires an update to
> > >continue using online services. But cannot find an update file! Does this
> > >mean that the software has now time-expired on us??? I realise that
> > >Microsoft no longer wish to support the software, but surely it shouldkeep
> > >running as it is and not throw up erroneous messages seeking update files
> > >that do not seem to exist?

>
> > >Chris

>
> > Microsoft has discontinued support for all on line services. *It has
> > made available "sunset" editions of the US versions so that the
> > programme still works without online links. *There is a work around
> > for the UK version of Money 2005 that allows the creation of a version
> > that will run without needing any online updates. *Details can be
> > found here:http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx

>
> > You will note that you require to have a fully patched and operative
> > version of Money 2005 to be able to create the "permanent" version.


Tried it myself, just dumps you to a [useless] M$ website
 
Reply With Quote
 
Cal Learner
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-04-2011, 04:25 PM
In microsoft.public.uk.money, DPat wrote:

>> > found here:http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx

>>
>> > You will note that you require to have a fully patched and operative
>> > version of Money 2005 to be able to create the "permanent" version.

>
>Tried it myself, just dumps you to a [useless] M$ website


http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx works for me.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike Bending
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-05-2011, 09:02 AM
On Fri, 04 Feb 2011 10:25:19 -0600, Cal Learner
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In microsoft.public.uk.money, DPat wrote:
>
>>> > found here:http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx
>>>
>>> > You will note that you require to have a fully patched and operative
>>> > version of Money 2005 to be able to create the "permanent" version.

>>
>>Tried it myself, just dumps you to a [useless] M$ website

>
>http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx works for me.



Should this work with Money2004??

Thx.
--
Mike Bending
 
Reply With Quote
 
Cal Learner
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-05-2011, 01:50 PM
In microsoft.public.uk.money, Mike Bending wrote:

>
>Should this work with Money2004??


It is totally unneeded for Money 2004. The install disk for Money
2004 works as it came.
 
Reply With Quote
 
David Patterson
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      03-11-2011, 09:45 AM
I have Money 2003. I can't now update stocks and shares online - they have
to be done manually. Some are foreign and the exchange rate also used to be
updated automatically. Will the fix described below work for that or is
there something else I can use. Alternatively, is there another accounting
package that anyone can recommend?

David

"ChrisW" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 18:30:29 -0000, "CJJE" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>My copy of Money 2005 says that since 1/2/2011 it requires an update to
>continue using online services. But cannot find an update file! Does this
>mean that the software has now time-expired on us??? I realise that
>Microsoft no longer wish to support the software, but surely it should keep
>running as it is and not throw up erroneous messages seeking update files
>that do not seem to exist?
>
>Chris
>


Microsoft has discontinued support for all on line services. It has
made available "sunset" editions of the US versions so that the
programme still works without online links. There is a work around
for the UK version of Money 2005 that allows the creation of a version
that will run without needing any online updates. Details can be
found here: http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx

You will note that you require to have a fully patched and operative
version of Money 2005 to be able to create the "permanent" version.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Cal Learner
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      03-12-2011, 04:51 AM
In microsoft.public.uk.money, David Patterson wrote:

>I have Money 2003. I can't now update stocks and shares online - they have
>to be done manually. Some are foreign and the exchange rate also used to be
>updated automatically. Will the fix described below work for that or is
>there something else I can use.


The latter. Search for PocketSense and hleOfxQuote. Also see
http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/e...threads?ppud=4 and
especially note threads with "UK" in the file.



> Alternatively, is there another accounting
>package that anyone can recommend?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Money Delux requires a software update Jo Microsoft Money 5 06-14-2009 04:18 PM
Money 2005 Update Online services - All screwed up sunds2 Microsoft Money 4 08-07-2007 07:02 PM
Continued use of Q2004 Deluxe features requires Premier 2007? DonnaH Quicken 7 09-20-2006 10:21 PM
Unable to use manage online services Andre Rosenthal Microsoft Money 4 12-21-2004 09:21 PM
New in Money'04: Online Services Valid Two or Three Years from first use Tunga Kiyak Microsoft Money 7 07-23-2003 05:29 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:04 AM.
Posts in this forum do not constitute the advice of AccountantForums.com or its members. Financial advice should always be taken from qualified advisors before committing to a financial decision.