Accountant Forums

Thread Tools

how to pay contractor

Posts: n/a
      03-07-2006, 05:06 AM
I have an S-Corp in Virgina, USA.

I need to pay a person (independent contractor) in Egypt
$2,000 for some work they peformed in Egypt for me.

The Egyptian person has a Citibank personal account.

What is the best way to pay the person for their services
that will give me a tax deduction?

(a) paper check made out to the contractor name, which he
will cash/deposit at his Citibank
(b) western union him the money to his name
(c) third-pary programmer payment service like

Do I need to file a 1099 since the amount was over $600? How
does all this work??

Obviously, I would like to claim this as a business deduction.

Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to pay offshore contractor jamesd Accounting 5 03-08-2006 12:47 PM
PAYE & sub contractor inspection NTL UK Accountancy 10 10-07-2005 09:56 PM
Is he a sub-contractor? Tommy UK Accountancy 1 01-26-2005 08:31 PM
What expenses can be claimed by a contractor? Anil Sharma UK Accountancy 1 10-18-2004 03:26 PM
take home pay % for an independent contractor ? Claus Tax 2 11-05-2003 08:51 PM

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:41 AM.
Posts in this forum do not constitute the advice of or its members. Financial advice should always be taken from qualified advisors before committing to a financial decision.