Accountant Forums

A property tax question

03-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Hi,
I work with a non-profit food pantry in my area, and we are looking to move in to a new location. My question: is there a tax credit for property owners who lease to a non-profit organization?

04-30-2011, 04:35 AM
For individuals, this might fall under non-cash charitable contributions, but I'd ask a professional. If the property was donated for use by the organization, then it is definitely a deduction, however if it is just being leased, that may fall under the jurisdiction of a rental, in which case I don't know of any breaks for the lessor based on the lessee type.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off