Accountant Forums


Reply
Thread Tools

Quickbooks vs. Peachtree

 
 
boe
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      03-28-2005, 03:47 PM
Hopefully this isn't the most ignorante question posted here. I'm not in
accounting. I've started my own consulting business and don't have any
employees working for me yet and don't know when I will if that effects the
answer to this question in any way.

What is the difference between peachtree and quickbooks? They may be
completely unrelated but I thought I'd check.

Thanks


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      03-28-2005, 04:58 PM
"boe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hopefully this isn't the most ignorante question posted here. I'm not in
> accounting. I've started my own consulting business and don't have any
> employees working for me yet and don't know when I will if that effects

the
> answer to this question in any way.
>
> What is the difference between peachtree and quickbooks? They may be
> completely unrelated but I thought I'd check.
>
> Thanks
>


They are similar accounting programs with similar features, some prefer
peachtree because of the ability to edit the payroll formulas, you can
download free trial versions for both








 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mike Block - QuickBooks Tax Cut C.P.A.
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      04-03-2005, 05:39 PM
My opinion http://www.blocktax.com/quickbooks_vs_peachtree.htm

Mike Block - QuickBooks Tax Cut C.P.A.
Intuit paid me to make QuickBooks better!
http://www.blocktax.com/
http://www.quickbooks-add-ons.com/


"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "boe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Hopefully this isn't the most ignorante question posted here. I'm not

in
> > accounting. I've started my own consulting business and don't have any
> > employees working for me yet and don't know when I will if that effects

> the
> > answer to this question in any way.
> >
> > What is the difference between peachtree and quickbooks? They may be
> > completely unrelated but I thought I'd check.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

>
> They are similar accounting programs with similar features, some prefer
> peachtree because of the ability to edit the payroll formulas, you can
> download free trial versions for both
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Victor Roberts
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      04-03-2005, 06:22 PM
On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 17:39:14 GMT, "Mike Block - QuickBooks Tax Cut
C.P.A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>My opinion http://www.blocktax.com/quickbooks_vs_peachtree.htm


Quite a nice ad for Intuit products. Do they pay well?


--
Vic Roberts
Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
!-!
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      04-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Sheeesh! Who cares whether he gets paid?
The question was asked, he expressed what he clearly said was his
opinion. Anyone who's been around here for a while knows that Mike
believes that QB is good value and one of the best programs for most
BUT NOT ALL users, and that he makes his living in part by providing
support services to QB users. So what? Agree or disagree with him as
you wish.

>
> "Victor Roberts" wrote
> > >My opinion http://www.blocktax.com/quickbooks_vs_peachtree.htm

> > Quite a nice ad for Intuit products. Do they pay well?


"Larry M." wrote ...
> "Mike Block" probably gets some intuit kickbacks for his advertising

"posts"


 
Reply With Quote
 
Larry M.
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      04-03-2005, 07:50 PM

"Victor Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:@4ax.com...

> On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 17:39:14 GMT, "Mike Block - QuickBooks Tax Cut
> C.P.A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >My opinion http://www.blocktax.com/quickbooks_vs_peachtree.htm

>
> Quite a nice ad for Intuit products. Do they pay well?
> --
> Vic Roberts
> Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.


"Mike Block" probably gets some intuit kickbacks for his advertising "posts"




 
Reply With Quote
 
Victor Roberts
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      04-03-2005, 08:57 PM
On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 15:42:02 -0400, "!-!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Sheeesh! Who cares whether he gets paid?
>The question was asked, he expressed what he clearly said was his
>opinion. Anyone who's been around here for a while knows that Mike
>believes that QB is good value and one of the best programs for most
>BUT NOT ALL users, and that he makes his living in part by providing
>support services to QB users. So what? Agree or disagree with him as
>you wish.


Have you read the info at the link Mike provided? it doesn't even
sound like an opinion. It is more of a historical narrative explaining
why Intuit is a great company. I am always interested in opinions -
canned advertisements should be identified as such.


>
>>
>> "Victor Roberts" wrote
>> > >My opinion http://www.blocktax.com/quickbooks_vs_peachtree.htm
>> > Quite a nice ad for Intuit products. Do they pay well?

>
>"Larry M." wrote ...
>> "Mike Block" probably gets some intuit kickbacks for his advertising

>"posts"
>


--
Vic Roberts
Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Peachtree 2008 Read All Old Peachtree Files? Albert Peachtree Accounting 1 08-03-2007 12:45 PM
Converting from Quickbooks 2005 to Peachtree 2005 ?!? ciscochrist@yahoo.com Accounting Software 1 05-04-2006 04:17 PM
Peachtree to QuickBooks ACCTPRO Accounting 2 10-24-2005 10:45 PM
Peachtree vs Quickbooks -- differences and converting Deborah Accounting Software 0 06-19-2004 07:16 PM
QuickBooks vs. Peachtree vs.??? Randy Jones Accounting 4 09-10-2003 02:37 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:40 PM.
Posts in this forum do not constitute the advice of AccountantForums.com or its members. Financial advice should always be taken from qualified advisors before committing to a financial decision.