Accountant Forums


Reply
Thread Tools

Report To See How Much Was Paid to Vendor?

 
 
CHANGE USERNAME TO westes
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      06-18-2004, 08:07 PM
What is the fastest way in QB2004 to get a report of how much you have paid
to a given vendor over a specific period of time? I see a Vendor report to
list all transactions, but the report has no subtotal option.

--
Will
westes AT earthbroadcast.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
_
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      06-18-2004, 11:48 PM
Which edition of QB?
With any edition other than Basic you can export the report to Excel
and add a total. Before you export, modify the report to filter for
only the transaction types that you want to include.


"CHANGE USERNAME TO westes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is the fastest way in QB2004 to get a report of how much you

have paid
> to a given vendor over a specific period of time? I see a Vendor

report to
> list all transactions, but the report has no subtotal option.
>
> --
> Will
> westes AT earthbroadcast.com
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
CHANGE USERNAME TO westes
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      06-19-2004, 08:08 AM
Yes, you can always write your own reports from raw data, but I'm trying to
find an integrated approach within Quickbooks. We have Premier.

--
Will
westes AT earthbroadcast.com

"_" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:lbLAc.296$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Which edition of QB?
> With any edition other than Basic you can export the report to Excel
> and add a total. Before you export, modify the report to filter for
> only the transaction types that you want to include.
>
>
> "CHANGE USERNAME TO westes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What is the fastest way in QB2004 to get a report of how much you

> have paid
> > to a given vendor over a specific period of time? I see a Vendor

> report to
> > list all transactions, but the report has no subtotal option.
> >
> > --
> > Will
> > westes AT earthbroadcast.com
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
N Owen
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      06-19-2004, 11:55 AM


On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:07:41 -0700, "CHANGE USERNAME TO westes"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What is the fastest way in QB2004 to get a report of how much you have paid
>to a given vendor over a specific period of time? I see a Vendor report to
>list all transactions, but the report has no subtotal option.
>
>--
>Will
>westes AT earthbroadcast.com
>
>

Under custom transaction detail reports - customize under the filter tab.
Select checks, bill payment, name, etc. that will do it.

HTH
N Owen
To reply, please change "ONE" to numeral

 
Reply With Quote
 
Allan Martin
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      06-19-2004, 01:57 PM

"N Owen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)1.net...
>
>
> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:07:41 -0700, "CHANGE USERNAME TO westes"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >What is the fastest way in QB2004 to get a report of how much you have

paid
> >to a given vendor over a specific period of time? I see a Vendor report

to
> >list all transactions, but the report has no subtotal option.
> >
> >--
> >Will
> >westes AT earthbroadcast.com
> >
> >

> Under custom transaction detail reports - customize under the filter tab.
> Select checks, bill payment, name, etc. that will do it.


No it will not. Checks can be used to pay a bill directly or to pay a bill
that was already entered and is now a payable.







>
> HTH
> N Owen
> To reply, please change "ONE" to numeral
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
N Owen
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      06-19-2004, 03:11 PM

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 13:57:11 GMT, "Allan Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>
>"N Owen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)1.net...
>>
>>
>> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:07:41 -0700, "CHANGE USERNAME TO westes"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >What is the fastest way in QB2004 to get a report of how much you have

>paid
>> >to a given vendor over a specific period of time? I see a Vendor report

>to
>> >list all transactions, but the report has no subtotal option.
>> >
>> >--
>> >Will
>> >westes AT earthbroadcast.com
>> >
>> >

>> Under custom transaction detail reports - customize under the filter tab.
>> Select checks, bill payment, name, etc. that will do it.

>
>No it will not. Checks can be used to pay a bill directly or to pay a bill
>that was already entered and is now a payable.
>
>>
>> HTH
>> N Owen
>> To reply, please change "ONE" to numeral

It will work-you just select ALL of the trasaction types that might have
been used to make PAYMENTS to the vendor - also need to select the bank
account, under the account section, so it doesn't pickup the distribution
account of each payment.

His question was how to find out how much has been PAID to a vendor. This
report will total for him.
N Owen
To reply, please change "ONE" to numeral

 
Reply With Quote
 
Allan Martin
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      06-19-2004, 05:31 PM

"N Owen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)1.net...
>
> On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 13:57:11 GMT, "Allan Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >
> >"N Owen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)1.net...
> >>
> >>
> >> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:07:41 -0700, "CHANGE USERNAME TO westes"
> >> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >>
> >> >What is the fastest way in QB2004 to get a report of how much you have

> >paid
> >> >to a given vendor over a specific period of time? I see a Vendor

report
> >to
> >> >list all transactions, but the report has no subtotal option.
> >> >
> >> >--
> >> >Will
> >> >westes AT earthbroadcast.com
> >> >
> >> >
> >> Under custom transaction detail reports - customize under the filter

tab.
> >> Select checks, bill payment, name, etc. that will do it.

> >
> >No it will not. Checks can be used to pay a bill directly or to pay a

bill
> >that was already entered and is now a payable.
> >
> >>
> >> HTH
> >> N Owen
> >> To reply, please change "ONE" to numeral

> It will work-you just select ALL of the trasaction types that might have
> been used to make PAYMENTS to the vendor - also need to select the bank
> account, under the account section, so it doesn't pickup the distribution
> account of each payment.
>
> His question was how to find out how much has been PAID to a vendor. This
> report will total for him.
> N Owen
> To reply, please change "ONE" to numeral



You are correct. I did not see the operative word paid.

>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HMRC - could be much, much worse...!! Martin UK Accountancy 1 02-15-2009 11:46 AM
QB Basic 2002 - How to see if a bill was paid help@thethirdplanet.com Quickbooks 2 03-24-2006 01:03 AM
Sales Tax On Hurricane Building Supplies? Much Ado About Not Much William Brenner Tax 1 02-17-2005 01:33 AM
How much job is too much? Income vs debt question. Hank Freeman Bankruptcy 0 08-06-2004 03:05 AM
See how much you will have after paying bills graph Janet Microsoft Money 0 02-26-2004 10:44 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:28 PM.
Posts in this forum do not constitute the advice of AccountantForums.com or its members. Financial advice should always be taken from qualified advisors before committing to a financial decision.