Accountant Forums


Reply
Thread Tools

Requirement for Ltd Company

 
 
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-27-2011, 12:54 PM
I am thinking of setting up a small ltd company, with initially very low
annual turnover. Do the accounts have to be audited by a chartered
accountant or can I do them myself?


Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book - Magick and Technology
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ronald Raygun
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote:

> I am thinking of setting up a small ltd company, with initially very low
> annual turnover. Do the accounts have to be audited by a chartered
> accountant or can I do them myself?


Small companies do not need to have their accounts audited.
To qualify, the company must meet the technical definition of "small".

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-28-2011, 04:54 PM
On 28/02/2011 14:40, Ronald Raygun wrote:
> Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote:
>
>> I am thinking of setting up a small ltd company, with initially very low
>> annual turnover. Do the accounts have to be audited by a chartered
>> accountant or can I do them myself?

>
> Small companies do not need to have their accounts audited.
> To qualify, the company must meet the technical definition of "small".
>

Turnover?

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book - Magick and Technology
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      02-28-2011, 04:55 PM
On 28/02/2011 16:54, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote:
> On 28/02/2011 14:40, Ronald Raygun wrote:
>> Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote:
>>
>>> I am thinking of setting up a small ltd company, with initially very low
>>> annual turnover. Do the accounts have to be audited by a chartered
>>> accountant or can I do them myself?

>>
>> Small companies do not need to have their accounts audited.
>> To qualify, the company must meet the technical definition of "small".
>>

> Turnover?
>

http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/fo...ad.php?t=58864

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book - Magick and Technology
 
Reply With Quote
 
Peter Saxton
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      03-01-2011, 08:38 AM
On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 16:55:58 +0000, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 28/02/2011 16:54, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote:
>> On 28/02/2011 14:40, Ronald Raygun wrote:
>>> Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote:
>>>
>>>> I am thinking of setting up a small ltd company, with initially very low
>>>> annual turnover. Do the accounts have to be audited by a chartered
>>>> accountant or can I do them myself?
>>>
>>> Small companies do not need to have their accounts audited.
>>> To qualify, the company must meet the technical definition of "small".
>>>

>> Turnover?
>>

>http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/fo...ad.php?t=58864


Why don't you look at the place that knows?

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/abo.../gp2.shtml#ch6
 
Reply With Quote
 
AnthonyL
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      03-01-2011, 12:21 PM
On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 12:54:46 +0000, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am thinking of setting up a small ltd company, with initially very low
>annual turnover. Do the accounts have to be audited by a chartered
>accountant or can I do them myself?
>
>


Further to the responses you already have I will add that providing
you qualify, which appears likely, the on-line filing procedure makes
it very straightforward to submit the accounts yourself if you have
your accounts in a good format.

Similarly the HMRC Employer CD ROM takes the hassle out of payroll for
free if there are only a couple of employees.


--
AnthonyL
 
Reply With Quote
 
jpointon@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      03-01-2011, 03:10 PM
On 1 Mar, 07:21, (E-Mail Removed) (AnthonyL) wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 12:54:46 +0000, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >I am thinking of setting up a small ltd company, with initially very low
> >annual turnover. Do the accounts have to be audited by a chartered
> >accountant or can I do them myself?

>
> Further to the responses you already have I will add that providing
> you qualify, which appears likely, the on-line filing procedure makes
> it very straightforward to submit the accounts yourself if you have
> your accounts in a good format.
>
> Similarly the HMRC Employer CD ROM takes the hassle out of payroll for
> free if there are only a couple of employees.
>
> --
> AnthonyL


Yes but don't forget that from April Companies House and HMRC will
require the filing of annual accounts and corporation tax returns in
ixbrl format which can be quite tricky.
 
Reply With Quote
 
AnthonyL
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanked:
 
      03-02-2011, 12:03 PM
On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 07:10:27 -0800 (PST), "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>Yes but don't forget that from April Companies House and HMRC will
>require the filing of annual accounts and corporation tax returns in
>ixbrl format which can be quite tricky.


Surely that only applies if you are using 3rd party accounting
software. I was referring to doing it via the HMRC "Corporation tax
online" system.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ct/ct-online/...turn/index.htm



--
AnthonyL
 
Reply With Quote
 
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0
 
      03-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Limited Company accounts do not have to complete by a chartered accountant. However, diy Ltd Compnay accounts is never a good idea. It can be quite comples even for a small company. Deanco.co.uk
 
Reply With Quote
 
Member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 70
Thanked: 3
 
      09-02-2011, 03:05 PM
I would advise you to consult an accountant. A good one should save you more in tax to more than justify their fee.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Personal accounts used for business Tybow759 Quickbooks 2 08-26-2013 03:22 PM
Suggestion for Improvement Ken Blake Quicken 19 04-06-2013 06:42 PM
Bank charges included as payment for tax JennJenn General Accountancy Discussion 2 04-06-2013 04:01 PM
local or big companies for retirement and TOD itchyneebanshee@hotmail.com Financial Planning 0 04-05-2013 10:12 PM
Ltd -> Sole Trader -> Ltd Again. Alan UK Accountancy 1 06-29-2004 03:53 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:10 PM.
Posts in this forum do not constitute the advice of AccountantForums.com or its members. Financial advice should always be taken from qualified advisors before committing to a financial decision.