Accountant Forums


Reply
Thread Tools

Simple Federal Withholding Calculation

 
 
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0
 
      04-14-2010, 12:52 AM
I recently hired a nanny and am in the process of calculating her first paycheck. The Gross Pay for this week is $330.00. She is single and claims 0 federal and 0 state (Wisconsin). There are no other deductions.

I read Publication 15 from the IRS to calculate her federal withholding. I used the weekly single calculation table at the top of page 39. My calculations are:
0 * 115 = 0
(200 - 116) * .10 = 8.4
(330 - 200) * .15 = 19.5

8.4 + 19.5 = $27.90

It seems like about 25% of the calculators on the internet agree with me. The other 75% say the withholding is $27.84. I realize this is only $.06 but it bothers me that it doesn't match exactly. Can anyone please let me know which is right. If $27.84 is correct how do you get to that number.

Thanks!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: On line Federal payroll tax withholding calculator??? juliasgfx@gmail.com Tax 0 01-29-2013 04:54 PM
EFTPS (?) Federal Withholding Tax Payment experience? Carla Fong Quickbooks 9 01-16-2011 01:49 PM
Quicken 2003 Investment performance by security avg return calculationDifference between my calculation and Quicken 3.7% Calculation seems to be in error Jazztiger Quicken 1 03-18-2005 09:15 PM
clergy federal withholding?? Heather and Reggie Fulbright Accounting 1 04-05-2004 04:29 PM
Federal Withholding charlie and grace US Taxes 21 11-19-2003 03:09 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:27 PM.
Posts in this forum do not constitute the advice of AccountantForums.com or its members. Financial advice should always be taken from qualified advisors before committing to a financial decision.