USA 401(a) Early Refund Penalities

Reaction score
Country
United States
Facing non-medical financial hardships, my employer-sponsored 401(a) retirement plan is looking like my only way out. I am leaving my job next summer. When all is said and done, less instant and eventual taxes and penalties, what can i expect my net refund to be? Percentage-wise, how much of my pension amount will be taken via taxes and penalties? Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Country
United States
your statement is confusing... you can leave your money in the 401k and pay no taxes. If you withdraw money from the account, you incur a 10% penalty and pay tax on the amount... either capital gains or the tax for your tax bracket depending on your investment.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, thanks for the reply and sorry for the confusion. It's not a 401k but a 401a if that makes any difference. I can't take some I have to take all. Just wondering what my net would be from 87k in gross contributions.

Ask a Question