USA Accounting Software to Track Expenses

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all, I have been using quickbooks for years. All I have ever used is the check register and the ability to generate reports at the end of the year for taxes. We only need to be able to track expenses from 3 different bank accounts; no payroll or any of that. Quickbooks has gotten rather aggravating, too complicated, and when I realized you can't use the program now without an internet connection, I decided to go looking for a program that will do what I need for at least 3 accounts WITHOUT being internet dependent. If my internet connection goes down for whatever reason, I won't be able to access my data. Looking for a simple program to track expenses. Would anyone have any suggestions? Thanks so much for any suggestions.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Today everyone is going for the cloud so that they can access their data, application anywhere anytime by using Internet. But internet connectivity and security of data are some concerns that are the obstacles in the way to go for the cloud solution. And this is exactly the same issue with you. Insperity ExpensAble Office Tool is a desktop tool that can help you to track and organize the expense. Make a try!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you for the suggestion. Having my financial information on the internet to me is just stupid. I envision umpteen people sitting around in their underwear somewhere working on hacking into accounts wherever they can, people who don't want to have to earn an honest living. And my last tangle with quickbooks has pretty well sealed it- I have to find something else. I just lost an enormous amount of data because they change the format of the company files with every upgrade. I misunderstood a notification for an upgrade, thought it was an update and got sucked into a subscription service I didn't want, and now I can't go backward. They have no intention of changing my saved backups back to the format the older program will read. So now I'm spending hours re-entering a gazillion transactions for 3 different bank accounts just to get the last couple months of 2014 retrieved for tax purposes. I have no intention of using quickbooks any more. Thanks again!

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Cloud is not a good idea. Data can be hacked. But there is a safer way, that you may save all your data in a private e-mail account. Also, there is a software named wave, it works almost as quickbooks.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Cloud is not a good idea. Data can be hacked. But there is a safer way, that you may save all your data in a private e-mail account. Also, there is a software named wave, it works almost as quickbooks.
FYI, Wave is an online accounting software that works on cloud. :)

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi all, I have been using quickbooks for years. All I have ever used is the check register and the ability to generate reports at the end of the year for taxes. We only need to be able to track expenses from 3 different bank accounts; no payroll or any of that. Quickbooks has gotten rather aggravating, too complicated, and when I realized you can't use the program now without an internet connection, I decided to go looking for a program that will do what I need for at least 3 accounts WITHOUT being internet dependent. If my internet connection goes down for whatever reason, I won't be able to access my data. Looking for a simple program to track expenses. Would anyone have any suggestions? Thanks so much for any suggestions.

Samir

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just use an older version of quickbooks. We have simple needs like this and use v1.0 for dos. Works well over remote links too since it's so tiny compared to todays bloated quickbooks.

Ask a Question