Emailing Invoices from Simply Accounting

Discussion in 'Accounting' started by samdev, Jun 14, 2006.

  1. samdev

    samdev Guest

    I have a client who is using AOL as her email and wants to be able to
    email invoices to her clients.

    Simply doesn't seem to allow this, only from MS Outlook or Outlook
    Express. I have searched to see if there are settings in Simply
    (version 2006) for email settings but cannot find anything.


    Can this be done...any help would be appreciated.


    Thx!
     
    samdev, Jun 14, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. samdev

    TKnTexas Guest

    If Simply Accounting will work with MS Outlook, use it. AOL now allows
    access to your email account from an email client. MS products do not
    handle it the best; you can't actually delete an InBox item from
    Outlook. It will continue to show the item, with a line through the
    Subject.

    However, from the perspective of sending email out, it should work
    fine. AOL uses IMAP protocol. There is help within AOL to get the set
    up completed.


    samdev wrote:
    > I have a client who is using AOL as her email and wants to be able to
    > email invoices to her clients.
    >
    > Simply doesn't seem to allow this, only from MS Outlook or Outlook
    > Express. I have searched to see if there are settings in Simply
    > (version 2006) for email settings but cannot find anything.
    >
    >
    > Can this be done...any help would be appreciated.
    >
    >
    > Thx!
     
    TKnTexas, Jun 14, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. samdev

    samdev Guest

    Will try to convince the client to use MS Outlook. If not will look
    into AOL using IMAP protocol - much thanks for your suggestion.


    TKnTexas wrote:
    > If Simply Accounting will work with MS Outlook, use it. AOL now allows
    > access to your email account from an email client. MS products do not
    > handle it the best; you can't actually delete an InBox item from
    > Outlook. It will continue to show the item, with a line through the
    > Subject.
    >
    > However, from the perspective of sending email out, it should work
    > fine. AOL uses IMAP protocol. There is help within AOL to get the set
    > up completed.
    >
    >
    > samdev wrote:
    > > I have a client who is using AOL as her email and wants to be able to
    > > email invoices to her clients.
    > >
    > > Simply doesn't seem to allow this, only from MS Outlook or Outlook
    > > Express. I have searched to see if there are settings in Simply
    > > (version 2006) for email settings but cannot find anything.
    > >
    > >
    > > Can this be done...any help would be appreciated.
    > >
    > >
    > > Thx!
     
    samdev, Jun 14, 2006
    #3
  4. samdev

    TKnTexas Guest

    I think I need to clarify. You client is already an AOL customer.
    Applications that want to send out email cannot access AOL's email
    through the AOL application interface.

    Your client needs to set up MS Outlook, using their AOL account
    information. AOL offers IMAP protocol to do this. When clicking on
    the appropriate options in Simply Accounting, it will see an accessible
    email accounting in MS Outlook. I do this with one of my AOL accounts.
    I still use AOL to manage the email.

    The set up on MS Outlook is very easy to do. Your client should have
    no problems. It will definitely make it easier (and nicer) for sending
    emails from Simply Accounting.


    samdev wrote:
    > Will try to convince the client to use MS Outlook. If not will look
    > into AOL using IMAP protocol - much thanks for your suggestion.
    >
    >
    > TKnTexas wrote:
    > > If Simply Accounting will work with MS Outlook, use it. AOL now allows
    > > access to your email account from an email client. MS products do not
    > > handle it the best; you can't actually delete an InBox item from
    > > Outlook. It will continue to show the item, with a line through the
    > > Subject.
    > >
    > > However, from the perspective of sending email out, it should work
    > > fine. AOL uses IMAP protocol. There is help within AOL to get the set
    > > up completed.
    > >
    > >
    > > samdev wrote:
    > > > I have a client who is using AOL as her email and wants to be able to
    > > > email invoices to her clients.
    > > >
    > > > Simply doesn't seem to allow this, only from MS Outlook or Outlook
    > > > Express. I have searched to see if there are settings in Simply
    > > > (version 2006) for email settings but cannot find anything.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Can this be done...any help would be appreciated.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Thx!
     
    TKnTexas, Jun 14, 2006
    #4
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. RaS
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    373
  2. samdev

    E-Mail Invoices from Simply Accounting

    samdev, Jun 12, 2006, in forum: Accounting Software
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,334
  3. N2
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    265
  4. Help

    Emailing Invoices

    Help, Feb 4, 2005, in forum: Quickbooks
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    284
    Mark D. Lincoln
    Feb 11, 2005
  5. adv_aqua

    2006 Crashing when emailing invoices

    adv_aqua, Feb 16, 2006, in forum: Quickbooks
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    304
Loading...

Share This Page