UK Finding work experience

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Part of my course requires me to do at least a weeks work experience but I don't know where to look.
I'm not sure of the best way to approach accountants to ask if they would take me on. Is it better to phone them, go in with a CV to hand or is there another way that would be better to find experience?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's definitely worth visiting somewhere in person rather than phoning them, it comes across as being more keen (and proactive) I'd say.

Also think of anyone you know who could help you - "it's not what you know, it's who you know" they say...

Reaction score
Country
United States
References have the best impact! Seek help from people you know to get a job. Visit the organization personally, unless the HR department want to have the first round over call.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Searching for work experience can be tough, as I am currently doing the same. Forums have helped me with finding people to work under.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Searching for work experience can be tough, as I am currently doing the same. Forums have helped me with finding people to work under.
That is great! I want to understand how to get a job abroad? What are the various sources apart from the job portals out there to help me land a good job outside of US.

Ask a Question