USA Grandchildren and daughter.

Reaction score
Hello. I'm trying to find out if my mom can claim me and my children on their taxes next year.
I'm 26 and have 6 months left in school and my boys are 7 and 4 my parents have supported us all year and I receive child support occasionally from my ex husband but according to the shared parenting plan I have them under me to claim. But again I am not working I'm a full time student.

Thank you.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi - there are lots of rules on this ( for example - you are too old to qualify as a "child" for your parents but may still quallify as a "dependent") So best to get a tax professional ( your folk's tax preparer -) to guide you on this. Best to do so now and not wait until tax filing time so thath if you need to change things or better document things you can be aware of that NOW and not when it's too late. A lot will depend on the amount of support your folks provide to you all and lots of items go into that calculation.

Ask a Question