USA I can become CPA certified without a Master's. Should I skip it?

Reaction score
So, after I finish my bachelor's degree, I will have 138 credits worth of classes. I'll have completed 39 credits in general business courses, the requirement for CPA licensure in Florida. I'll also have completed 24 credits of accounting, meaning I'll need an additional 12 credits to get 36 credits total in accounting and 150 credits overall. Do you think I should just take 4 cheap classes at a local college to obtain those extra credits, or do you think, in the long run, I'd be better off going for a full Master's in accounting to finish up my requirements?

Reaction score
Since you need 150, I would take courses that will help you. It doesn't need to be accounting related, but it would help. If you decide to take grad level masters courses to get those additional hours, you might as well get the degree. That seems to be what most people do. I was not a traditional student and I had my 150 hours when I graduated with my BS. If i didnt already have them, I would have gotten my masters.

Ask a Question