USA I need Accounting Job Training ASAP

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello AccountantForums Board!

I have 2 Interviews coming up from 2 different companies for part time Accounting Positions. I am currently a student in the study of Accounting, but honestly, even though I am able to pass the Accounting classes, a lot of the Accounting Principles don't stick to me, and I have forgotten a lot.

What I came to this AF Forums for was that I was hoping that someone could recommend to me a free online accounting course that covers all the basics that I would need to know for these Job Positions. I have zero accounting job experience.

I have heard instances where a new hire, with no accounting job experience, gets thrown into a workplace, isn't giving the proper training, and is expected to know how to perform the job procedures from the get-go. I wanted to prepare myself for this hypothetical situation should it arise, so I have come to you, the knowledgeable AF Forums, in hopes of giving me some sort of direction.

Much Appreciated

-KajuMonkey

Reaction score
Country
United States
In the Areas of Financial Accounting and Intermediate Accounting Please, Thank you

While I could do a google search (and I have done google searches) I wanted to ask you guys for a recommendation because I trust this forum's guidance over my ability to google search the internet on Accounting training topics.

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alas and alack... there is no magic wand to be waved for your situation. Best you can do is just be honest at your interviews. If they want somebody who can hit the ground running, then it doesn't sound like it's going to be you. But, if they want somebody to train up, then it might be you.

Ask a Question