looking for a specific feature similiar to one in Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Hello,

I have a question regarding a specifc feature I have encountered up til now only in Microsoft Dynamics NAV (or older Navision):

In NAV you can enter your journal entries in somekind of table -> you can basically jump up and down the rows and columns with your keyboard or mouse, change things, add or delete rows, copy the content from cells above the current row by hitting F8 and so on until you post the entries. This is something I actually really like. I have already worked with two other accounting programms before - and in both of them you always have to finish one entry before you can start the other one - and usually the "mask" you type your entries in inhibts you from jumping to older entries (of a batch) or copying stuff.

We actually use MS NAV at work (so I'm accountant). Now this might sound a bit strange, at home I basically keep track of my expenses and income because I like to see how much money I spent on certain things or how much money I was able to save during a specific period - and also seeing the balance of all your assets and liabilities is also very handy for planning purposes. Up til now I used NAV too (using a DEMO license which inhibts me from posting entries in months other than Nov.Dec.Jan.Feb.) I actually created a work-around using dimensions - but it takes a lot of time and the posting-entries-flow I'm used from work is not existent xD. I searched the internet for free accounting software and of course I found a lot and a few seem pretty good (considering they are for free) but none of them had somekind of table where you can do you entries very quickly and efficiently.

Has anybody every seen this specific feature in any other double entry accounting software?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ask a Question