MSN MONEY 2007: JPM OPTION CHAIN

Discussion in 'Microsoft Money' started by David Cash, Apr 13, 2007.

  1. David Cash

    David Cash Guest

    The option chain for J P Morgan Chase is missing. It has been missing for two
    days. Any attempt to secure information regarding who, where, why, what
    and/or how is an endless exercise in futility -- that is, the numerous steps
    leading into a "contact us at Microsoft Money 2007" is ridiculously
    time-consuming and frustrating. If anyone knows the answer as to why the J P
    Morgan Chase option chain is missing (as seen in this hyptertext link
    http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/options/default.asp?Symbol=JPM&Month=9&Year=2007) it would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you.

    David Cash
     
    David Cash, Apr 13, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. David Cash

    Dick Watson Guest

    Dick Watson, Apr 13, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. David Cash

    David Cash Guest

    Thanks, Dick --

    What leads to your understanding? Do you suppose that someone somewhere in
    the world went through all of the MSN preliminary popup signins (and
    superfulous questionaires) just in order to report the problem?

    "Dick Watson" wrote:

    > I don't know if anyone knows. But I understand that it's being investigated.
    >
    > "David Cash" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > If anyone knows the answer as to why the J P
    > > Morgan Chase option chain is missing (as seen in this hyptertext link
    > > http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/options/default.asp?Symbol=JPM&Month=9&Year=2007)
    > > it would be greatly appreciated.

    >
    >
    >
     
    David Cash, Apr 13, 2007
    #3
  4. David Cash

    Mark Guest

    Even though you may not be able to see the option chaing on the MSN Money
    "options" page, you can see the chain by using the Find control

    On the Quotes page, click the Find button and on the Options tab, enter the
    symbol (i.e. JPM) and click Find

    -Mark


    "David Cash" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Thanks, Dick --
    >
    > What leads to your understanding? Do you suppose that someone somewhere
    > in
    > the world went through all of the MSN preliminary popup signins (and
    > superfulous questionaires) just in order to report the problem?
    >
    > "Dick Watson" wrote:
    >
    >> I don't know if anyone knows. But I understand that it's being
    >> investigated.
    >>
    >> "David Cash" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >> > If anyone knows the answer as to why the J P
    >> > Morgan Chase option chain is missing (as seen in this hyptertext link
    >> > http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/options/default.asp?Symbol=JPM&Month=9&Year=2007)
    >> > it would be greatly appreciated.

    >>
    >>
    >>
     
    Mark, Apr 13, 2007
    #4
  5. In microsoft.public.money, David Cash wrote:

    >The option chain for J P Morgan Chase is missing.


    Look for it to be fixed tonight.
     
    Cal Learner-- MVP, Apr 13, 2007
    #5
  6. David Cash

    Dick Watson Guest

    I had a vision. Can't say how they found out about it, but I'm thinking they
    did.


    "David Cash" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > What leads to your understanding? Do you suppose that someone somewhere
    > in
    > the world went through all of the MSN preliminary popup signins (and
    > superfulous questionaires) just in order to report the problem?
     
    Dick Watson, Apr 14, 2007
    #6
  7. David Cash

    David Cash Guest

    Thanks, Mark --

    Your workaround works wonderfully. I'm still waiting though for the
    original page (as referenced above in the hyperlink) to work; it provides
    quick volumes of information...in one easy view.

    "Mark" wrote:

    > Even though you may not be able to see the option chaing on the MSN Money
    > "options" page, you can see the chain by using the Find control
    >
    > On the Quotes page, click the Find button and on the Options tab, enter the
    > symbol (i.e. JPM) and click Find
    >
    > -Mark
    >
    >
    > "David Cash" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > Thanks, Dick --
    > >
    > > What leads to your understanding? Do you suppose that someone somewhere
    > > in
    > > the world went through all of the MSN preliminary popup signins (and
    > > superfulous questionaires) just in order to report the problem?
    > >
    > > "Dick Watson" wrote:
    > >
    > >> I don't know if anyone knows. But I understand that it's being
    > >> investigated.
    > >>
    > >> "David Cash" <> wrote in message
    > >> news:...
    > >> > If anyone knows the answer as to why the J P
    > >> > Morgan Chase option chain is missing (as seen in this hyptertext link
    > >> > http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/options/default.asp?Symbol=JPM&Month=9&Year=2007)
    > >> > it would be greatly appreciated.
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>

    >
    >
     
    David Cash, Apr 14, 2007
    #7
  8. David Cash

    David Cash Guest

    Sorry, Cal --

    As of 7:07 am ET, Monday, April 16, there has been no progress in this
    problem. :(

    "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

    > In microsoft.public.money, David Cash wrote:
    >
    > >The option chain for J P Morgan Chase is missing.

    >
    > Look for it to be fixed tonight.
    >
     
    David Cash, Apr 16, 2007
    #8
  9. David Cash

    David Cash Guest

    As of 4:39 pm ET, Tuesday, April 17...still no progress

    "David Cash" wrote:

    > Sorry, Cal --
    >
    > As of 7:07 am ET, Monday, April 16, there has been no progress in this
    > problem. :(
    >
    > "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
    >
    > > In microsoft.public.money, David Cash wrote:
    > >
    > > >The option chain for J P Morgan Chase is missing.

    > >
    > > Look for it to be fixed tonight.
    > >
     
    David Cash, Apr 17, 2007
    #9
  10. David Cash

    Dick Watson Guest

    Apparently the problem is harder than thought and is outside MSN
    control--i.e., munged data feed. I don't think it's been forgotten, though.

    "David Cash" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > As of 4:39 pm ET, Tuesday, April 17...still no progress
     
    Dick Watson, Apr 17, 2007
    #10
  11. David Cash

    David Cash Guest

    hi Dick --

    I tend to agree that the problem exists with the data feed. Other
    symbols do not experience the same technical problem. This would imply that
    there is something wrong with the coding for J P Morgan's option chain.



    "Dick Watson" wrote:

    > Apparently the problem is harder than thought and is outside MSN
    > control--i.e., munged data feed. I don't think it's been forgotten, though.
    >
    > "David Cash" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > As of 4:39 pm ET, Tuesday, April 17...still no progress

    >
    >
    >
     
    David Cash, Apr 18, 2007
    #11
  12. David Cash

    David Cash Guest

    In this problem, both the followup and the lack of progress are shameful.

    Here it is Saturday, April 21, 8:04 am; and to me it appears as if nothing
    will be resolved -- ever.

    To my way of thinking, the problem is simply corrected by phoning
    Moneycentral's data supplier and by saying: "Hey, check your coding ! Find
    the mistake, etc.... No other quotron marker presents a similar problem.
    What gives?"

    The fact that Moneycentral has done nothing implies that Moneycentral is
    asleep at the wheel.

    This is incredible.

    I see a similar lack of interest to my other problem (see: "Is this a
    problem?").

    If this is the kind of response that other users of Moneycentral receive
    from their overseers, then Moneycentral should be ashamed of itself.


    "David Cash" wrote:

    > hi Dick --
    >
    > I tend to agree that the problem exists with the data feed. Other
    > symbols do not experience the same technical problem. This would imply that
    > there is something wrong with the coding for J P Morgan's option chain.
    >
    >
    >
    > "Dick Watson" wrote:
    >
    > > Apparently the problem is harder than thought and is outside MSN
    > > control--i.e., munged data feed. I don't think it's been forgotten, though.
    > >
    > > "David Cash" <> wrote in message
    > > news:...
    > > > As of 4:39 pm ET, Tuesday, April 17...still no progress

    > >
    > >
    > >
     
    David Cash, Apr 21, 2007
    #12
  13. David Cash

    Dick Watson Guest

    I suspect you'd find that their shame threshold is pretty high.

    But look at it this way: how many of their ad viewers do you think this
    effects? 0.001%? How much effort does your company spend to fix problems
    encountered by 0.001% of their customer base?

    "David Cash" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > If this is the kind of response that other users of Moneycentral receive
    > from their overseers, then Moneycentral should be ashamed of itself.
     
    Dick Watson, Apr 21, 2007
    #13
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Martlet
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    236
    Pia M
    Apr 11, 2007
  2. Mt

    Retail Chain Manager Vs LS Retail

    Mt, May 25, 2007, in forum: Microsoft Point Of Sale
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    636
    sasiku
    Apr 25, 2011
  3. Dpalma

    MS RMS in a fast food chain store

    Dpalma, Aug 6, 2007, in forum: Microsoft Point Of Sale
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    198
    Dpalma
    Aug 6, 2007
  4. employmentatlanta
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    332
    employmentatlanta
    Jun 1, 2010
  5. Tom Anderson

    Thoughts on JPM Natural Resources Fund?

    Tom Anderson, Mar 5, 2007, in forum: UK Finance
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    349
Loading...

Share This Page