New Bookkeeping Business Help

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm new to this forum, I thought I would get some advise from others whom may own their own business. I launched my business last week after six month's of working my business plan out. I've gained two clients in one week, which you may feel that is good, no, one client I will do pro-bono for until an increase in the business, and the second one is a small business who can hardly afford me, thus I will be basically getting a low income from them. I have been trying hard to gain other clients however nothing is working. I'm an accountant with 15 years of experience and its not about how much money I make, I just want clients. Any advise would be welcome

Samir

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
In your previous experience of 15 years, how did you have work then? Obviously, you weren't on your own, but what techniques were your employers using to get clients?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI Monieleazenby,

with your experience, winning clients should not be too much of a problem. You would need to prove your competence and what area you specialize in.
I would like to offer you a few marketing tips towards your skills.
Set up a website and Linkedin profile. Have people, including your previous employers endorse your work. Make some business cards and ask certain companies to put them on their visitor reading section. companies like lawyers/hospitals etc.. Think about who needs help with their financial preparation. Offer some services to a good charity and get the word of mouth going. A business will not grow overnight, but never give up and keep positive.

Good Luck

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks to all of you, you all have encouraged me greatly. I landed my first client I'm so excited. I've never been a sales person thus I was very nervous. So now I have one paying client and two clients I'm doing pro-bono for a short period of time. Its probably not the best business plan to do pro-bono however I felt landing two more clients will lead me to gaining their trust in time to add them to the books. Thank you all again have a wonderful day.

Samir

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would ask (require) that the pro-bono clients do word-of-mouth marketing for you through social sites and their own business network. Let them know that if can find you a paying client each month, that month remains pro-bono. Like a referral program. But I wouldn't extend this to new clients, just these existing two.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Slow and steady will help your business to grow. Having a website and make sure that its fully SEO. along with the SEO, do blogs and that will help you to gain more customers

Ask a Question