UK Newbie Needing help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello fellow members,

I'm new here so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I am seeking help or guidance with regards to the filing of my company accounts. This is a new company and i've just submitted my 1st annual return and I am now preparing to submit my 1st company accounts, come the 31st march. My question and concern is this...The company is set up as an employer to which is pays me a minimum weekly wage and is going to pay me a lump sum as a dividend at the end of the financial year (april) so how does one go about filling in the company annual return as a micro entity company in respect of creditors (as it will owe me a dividend) or would it be a provision for liability. Please forgive my ignorance as I am new to business and finance, and can't afford to have an accountant do the work for me plus from a personal point of view I would like to learn and understand how it all works. Also, if I may ask a few questions for the knowledgable... Do I need to set up the company on a pay roll system or can I just with draw the weekly wage from a cash machine. When or how often can the company pay its directors a dividend, as I may not be in a position to wait for a full 12 months for the dividend. And finally, what does the company need to do in april with regards to the end of the financial year, nothing? as I have submitted the annual return and I will have submitted the annual accounts come the 31st march. Am I correct in saying that, I as a director, would need to submit a self assessment come april and thats it.

I would very much appreciate it if someone could help me with this matter and point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance
:)

Ask a Question