India RMS

Reaction score
Country
India
Hi

RMS 2.0.2000, SQL Server 2014 Standard (32 GB RAM)

At times when we try to add items by copying an item in the list (111,000 items in list), headquarters manager will stop responding. It will take multiple minutes to populate the item list and then turn gray when you click on an item. This seems to happen when the amount of RAM being used by the SQL Server process begins to approach the maximum allowed.

I have the Max set on 16 GB, and as I am no expert at SQL server I'm not sure if that is appropriate or not for a 32 GB quad core server (Dell T620 about a year old).

If I restart the SQL Service or reboot the server, it will work fine for a while, until it approaches 14 GB of memory in use by the process. Is there some way to mitigate this?

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think you might have strayed into the wrong forum. As accountants, we work miracles on a daily basis... but I think this one just might be out of our league. It's out of mine, anyway.:D

Best of luck with it!

Ask a Question