What value do you see in a Web Presence?

Reaction score
Well let me start by saying I am not a accountant haha I am a Business owner more specifically of a web design firm. My intention is not Spamming the hell out of this forum I just want to open a discussion so I can

A: Offer some advice to the community
B: Bring more value to my services

that being said..

How many of you actually have and maintain an online presence (Website, Social Media, Email list)? If so what do you find works best?

Reaction score
I have both a website and a Facebook page, and most of my new online leads come from Facebook. Have also tried Twitter but with no success.

Reaction score
I own some blogs, @Accountantsalary, how did you manage to make on facebook? I still have clue on how to start on fb.

Reaction score
I own some blogs, @Accountantsalary, how did you manage to make on facebook? I still have clue on how to start on fb.
It's pretty easy to actually make a page on Facebook, just click the down-arrow in the top right corner, and click "Make a Page". It'll take you through a bunch of steps, and you can easily make a page for your business. You can even set an address so you can have an easy-to-remember website like "Facebook.com/yourbusinessname." I imagine you can find a bunch of youtube videos that take you through the whole process.

If you know a little bit about graphic design, you can get really fancy with the cover photo/avatar, but if you just have basic images they have options to crop or scale them down and odds are you'll end up with something presentable.

Keeping people engaged, and getting fans is the hard part, and there's not really one, right way to do that.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I read a tip about Facebook: it is mainly an entertainment website, so it is easier to be successful there if you are... well... entertaining.

Reaction score
Country
India
Well let me start by saying I am not a accountant haha I am a Business owner more specifically of a web design firm. My intention is not Spamming the hell out of this forum I just want to open a discussion so I can

A: Offer some advice to the community
B: Bring more value to my services

that being said..

How many of you actually have and maintain an online presence (Website, Social Media, Email list)? If so what do you find works best?
I have my well maintained web presence. My own website, social accounts and emails. Social accounts works best among all. It's not only creating my presence but also allows me to share my opinions with people and also I know about lot of things. Knowledge and interaction with different people and things.

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you are planning on building a website web-presence in the future, it should be mobile-friendly, Google announced that this will be a factor in ranking as of April 21, 2015. Basically a website needs to seamlessly scale from desktop displays to mobile phone displays.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I agree, having a web presence is important in a competitive accountancy space, especially with such local competition.

We recently had our website rebranded (see here for the result) and we've had a great reception from it.

Send me a message if you'd like me to refer you :)

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Website = Trust.

Also, websites will never die, whereas social networks come and go...

Think of it: My personal website is older than MySpace (!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It is very important if you want to be visible in search engines which is where many potential customers begin looking for the accounting services.

Ask a Question