Accountant Forums

Thread Tools

US Citizen/Canadian Resident

Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0
      06-17-2011, 08:06 AM
Situation: US Citizen/Canadian Permanent Resident married to Canadian .
Income from Canada: Short term disabiltiy benefit
Income from US: IRA withdrawal (1099-R received, taxable but no tax was deducted when withdrawn and is under age 45) and 1009 - INT.
I have viewed different ways for reporting this In Canada and In US. (Report the 1099-r in Canada, submit a Foreign Tax Credit form with it, Pay the taxes owing upon completion of the 1040) the Disability benefit was taxed in Canada, is there some way to get a Foreign tax credit on that on the form 1116 when filing the 1040 to the US? Does anyone know how this should be reported in Canada, and then in the US?
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CA part-year resident alien & TX part-year resident alien couple? Tax 1 02-15-2007 03:21 AM
Resident Alien or non resident alien tax queries v0c Tax 2 02-28-2006 06:30 AM
Non-resident vs. Part-year Resident Victor Roberts Tax 5 03-14-2005 12:34 AM
Taxes in US and Canada: resident or non-resident? Double taxation? Harald Andres Helfgott Tax 0 04-30-2004 09:24 AM
Non resident or Resident alien? CBotella Tax 0 03-06-2004 08:33 AM

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:34 AM.
Posts in this forum do not constitute the advice of or its members. Financial advice should always be taken from qualified advisors before committing to a financial decision.