1099 nightmare

Reaction score
I am doing my parents taxes. My dad, who died in 2009, had about 30 small investments, all of which have 1099's. Last year, I managed to get most of these investments into a Wells Fargo account in my mom's "survivor trust" so that I would just have one giant 1099. My dad's final tax return was in 2009. Now, I see I have more 1099's, one is in his name only, seven are in my both parents names as joint tenants, but in my dad's social, another one is in the name of the trust, but is not in the Wells account.
Questions: how do I report this income on my mother's tax form for 2010 when the ssn won't match?
How do I get the rest of these investments into the trust? When I call the companies, I can not get a real person. By the way all these companies already are in the trust, but these little pieces have shown up that are not. Any explanation for this?
I am planning to use Turbo Tax for this, but I wanted to get everything lined up. Much, much thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I am doing my parents taxes. My dad, who died in 2009, had about 30 small investments, all of which have 1099's. Last year, I managed to get most of these investments into a Wells Fargo account in my mom's "survivor trust" so that I would just have one giant 1099. My dad's final tax return was in 2009. Now, I see I have more 1099's, one is in his name only, seven are in my both parents names as joint tenants, but in my dad's social, another one is in the name of the trust, but is not in the Wells account.
Questions: how do I report this income on my mother's tax form for 2010 when the ssn won't match?
How do I get the rest of these investments into the trust? When I call the companies, I can not get a real person. By the way all these companies already are in the trust, but these little pieces have shown up that are not. Any explanation for this?
I am planning to use Turbo Tax for this, but I wanted to get everything lined up. Much, much thanks in advance.
Sort of wondering the same thing and am curious how to get this resolved....

Ask a Question