1099R in 2009 Check Lost Reissued in 2010 What year to Claim?



My mom was suposed to roll over a 401K, to another plan when she quit her job
in 2009. The check was issued to her in 2009, made out to the new plan FSBO
for her, check was sent to her and she misplaced it. We had another check
issued in January 2010. She received a 1099R from the old holder for 2009,
total distribution. The re-issued check is in her name and she just deposited
it into a savings account without rolling it over. She needs to take a
distribution this year anyway.

What year does she claim the income from the distribution, 2009 or 2010?



Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question