UK 2 year business / bank account - 13k turnover - options?

Reaction score
I've got a limited company which was set up in June 2010, it also has a business bank account, over the last 2 years we have had 13k come into this account, recently I been getting letters from companies house to fill accounts, I've not done these since starting the company, nor have I taken any money out of the bank account.

I have another business which I pay myself and my partner, its seperate to the company I'm dve mentioned above.

I want to know, if I was to sumbit the accounts, what tax will I need to pay on 13k? If I choose to close the company down, will I still need to pay any taxes? What's the best way around this, its not paramont that I keep this company but not a loss if I do.

Appreciate feedback/response.

das

Reaction score
It is a better option to hire a chartered accountant that may help you in handling your accounts and with a small fee. You no need to employ one you can outsource your accounts to avail services like bookkeeping, payroll, taxation etc.

Truemanbrown

VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing is if you want to keep this company then you will need to file accounts at Companies House and that will mean late filing penalties!

I would be tempted to closethe company down but preparing accounts for HMRC and Corporation Tax purposes.

I would speak to an accountant asap.

Reaction score
To hire a chartered accountant to grow up your business with low salery basis.

I have a business which I pay myself and my partner, I want to know, if I was to submit the accounts, what tax will I need to pay on 13k or more? If I choose to close the company down, will I still need to pay any taxes? What's the best way around this, its not paramount that I keep this company but not a loss if I do.

Truemanbrown

VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a business which I pay myself and my partner, I want to know, if I was to submit the accounts, what tax will I need to pay on 13k or more? If I choose to close the company down, will I still need to pay any taxes? What's the best way around this, its not paramount that I keep this company but not a loss if I do.
If you close the company I would still pay the tax. HMRC have the right to stop a company being struck off the register at Companies House if there is an amount outstanding.

You would pay around £2,600 on profits of £13k.

Ask a Question