USA 2020 checkup

Reaction score
Country
United States
Seasoned accountants will recall the Enron debacle from over 15 years ago. At that time I was pretty "green," but I wrote this letter, that I find myself returning to just wondering whether the books of corporate America are any better, or far worse than what seemed, or feigned surprising to the profession then, and also why nothing was ever in the works such as is mentioned here in this letter: https://www.journalofaccountancy.com/issues/2003/aug/afuturecpawantstoknow.html

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Makes total sense and not going to happen, sadly.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Makes total sense and not going to happen, sadly.
That's because accountants, if we're to measure economy, we're measuring the wrong economy. We're measuring an economy that serves unethical motives, disregarding posterity altogether. The only legitimate economy is in terms firstly of the condition of the earth; flora and fauna; nothing else serves anyone indefinitely. But greed insists on measuring money, firstly.

Ask a Question