8 years between financial/managerial accounting and intermediate accounting

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I would appreciate anyone's input on this. I'm just getting back into accounting after many years away. I am taking intermediate accounting 1 this semester. However, I haven't taken financial and managerial accounting in about 8 years. Thus, I don't remember much at all from those courses. I'm assuming intermediate accounting requires you to apply what you have learned in the previous courses and then some. My question is this:
How realistic is it to pick up on intermediate accounting after being away from the subject for so long? Should I just bite the bullet and pay to take Financial Accounting and Managerial Accounting again? Or is it possible to pick up on Intermediate Accounting after all these years away?
I'm not someone who doesn't work hard. I fully expect to put forth a lot of effort into acing all my courses. I just don't know if it's very probable to just pick up where I left off 8 years ago, especially since I don't remember much of my previous accounting courses anymore. That is why I am here posting on this thread and looking to receive any feedback that anyone can offer me. I would appreciate your responses. Thank you.

Reaction score
Hi. I think it will be a little bit hard, but possible. I took Intermediate accounting I in spring semester, and I would say that the textbook in CSN is very good. It helps to students to review material and learn more deep.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If your goal is to complete school quickly then only take intermediate and not the other two courses.
If your goal is to get good grades then delay taking intermediate and take the other two courses first

Reaction score
Thank you Nadejda and Kirby for your responses. I do want to finish school quickly, but not at the expense of poor grades. I decided to drop the course for the semester. I will retake Financial and Managerial Accounting, and then go back to Intermediate. Normally, Financial and Managerial can't be taken at the same time, but hopefully they will let me take both courses at once since I have already taken them in the past. Nadejda, what are you referring to when you mention CSN?

Ask a Question