UK Account software ideas?

Reaction score
Account software is hard to decide on. Has anyone got any suggestions on accounting software that would be suitable for a small, young company?

Reaction score
Thanks I will check it out, I have been recommend Sage 50 Accounts, has anyone used this software and know if it is any good?

Reaction score
While many were giving up their suggestions to move on with sage, etc, I had got myself engaged with HANDDY for managing my business accounts. It seems to be pretty good with all its feature enhanced with the functionalities that are quite similar to the prevailing software and even more advanced. The notable one with this is its cost, with which you can make up the accounting for free!

I'm satisfied with HANDDY and supposed to give my suggestions here! Thanks

Reaction score
Why not try running hosted accounting software? This way you aren't paying a huge fee for licensing and software costs right off the bat, and if you don't like it you can cancel your subscription before the month is over. Won't be a huge loss if it ends up being the wrong software, and companies like InsynQ and Harbornet offer multiple accounting software suites in a hosted environment.. meaning you could try a couple different ones out.

Anyway just a thought. *(virtual desktops are the way to go anyway)

Reaction score
Quickbooks is very easy to learn and use. Plus fairly cheap. Their recent updates in 2012 and 2013 prove worth it with email blast features, etc.

Reaction score
Hi Andre

Looks like you are based in the UK. Depending on your VAT status, you probably want to stick with a package that has UK specific VAT reporting. If you haven't already selected a package, feel free to have a look at AccountsPortal. We offer free 30 day trial which can easily be extended if you need a little more time to evaluate.

Not all the packages offer the same functionality but watch out for paying a lot extra for functionality you will never use or volumes of transactions you will never reach.

All the best,

Gidon

Reaction score
Try Ritzy 30 day trial. They will customize it based on your business requirement. Give it a try. Google Ritzy Accounting Software.

Reaction score
Hi,
I recommend you first decide the exact amount you willing to spend on managing expenses. It so happens that a lot of companies offer a host of features but they may not be relevant for your business, I saw a couple of them including webexpenses.com that offered a vast functionality.So first finalize your budget for managing expenses next ask your FD's their major accounting problems, curb inflated claims, travel expense inflation etc. and then decide the software and its features.

Thanks

Reaction score
Accounting Software really depends on the size and functionality of the client...in this case you! We like Sage, it can be a little daunting at first, (I'm assuming you're new to this?) but like everything else it becomes easier with use. The support is very good and we're always here if you have a problem!
Let us know what you decide or check out our website for more information.
Trust Malcolm for IT support... give us a Google!:)
Good Luck,
Malcolm

Reaction score
Quickbooks seems to do everything a small business needs. It is has become very user friendly as well.

Reaction score
I would prefer quickbooks if your business is a small scale one.It is quite easy to use and work on.

Reaction score
An important quality to look for when choosing an accounting solution is how easily it can be synchronized with other webapps. Easy integration is crucial for saving time and money. No one has the time to re-type the same data in different places. For this reason Quickbooks and Freshbooks are both good options to consider.

Mary Jane

Ask a Question