USA Accounting Job

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guy,
I need help I have no experience in accounting and I am looking for an accounting job. what tips would you give me in my search for a job in Pennsylvania area? Where should i apply?

Steve-LevelUp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Without an education, it would be very difficult to get started, however, your best bet to get in is to apply for some clerk level jobs, payables clerk, billing clerk, etc. In addition, if Accounting is something you want to pursue, then start a formal education process, as it will be very difficult to progress in accounting without it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ditto what Steve says.

Usually the minimum to break into the field is an associate's degree. My other strong advice would be to get a very basic entry level job at a mid-size or large company that has several departments. So, you could perhaps start in a clerical position, or shipping & receiving position. After several months in that entry level position apply for accounting positions within that company.

[That's how I got into accounting; I had little education to start, just started as a file clerk.]

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you guys for the advice. I do meet the job requirement in terms of education.But have an professional experience gap in my resume, I do not work right now and I was wondering it would be an issue? Usually how long does it take to hired in an entry level accounting?

Ask a Question