Accounting jobs to be taken over by bots within 20 years!?

Reaction score
So I recently finished doing my upgrades so I can go to university, applied and I got accepted for an Accounting program. For the first time in two years (since i graduated) I felt that I had a path that I could follow and wasn't completely lost. Then the other day I'm looking through my facebook feed when I notice someone uploaded an article that paints a grim picture for my potential future.

I can't post links so If you want to see the article I'm talking about type: bill gates jobs bots or something along those lines (the article is titled: People Don't Realize How Many Jobs Will Be Replaced by Software Bots) (click the 'telemarketers, accountants, and retail workers" writing thats in blue to see the graph I'm talking about)

To sum it up, the article claims that within the next 20 years a large number of jobs will be replaced by bots. Accounting was second on the chart...

They are apparently 94% sure that that accountants will be replaced with software.

This article was probably the most devastating thing I've read in my life.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Back when the mainframe computers came out the same thing was predicted.
AND when the PCs came out the same thing was predicted.
In both cases, certain of the entry level accounting spots disappeared but were replaced and more so by higher level acctg jobs. Reason was that with better faster info you needed more folks to work with that info.
So -having not read the article- I cannot say that the article is wrong, just that the future is always unpredictable.
So if you want a job that the bots cannot take over, maybe look into being a mixed martial arts competitor ????

Ask a Question