Accounting Policy Sample

Reaction score
I hope you are all fine.

I am newly employed by a manufacturing company in Africa reporting under IFRS. Can anyone assist me with a sample of Accounting Policies Manual so that I can have a starting point to prepare ours?

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Accounting Policy Manual will have a Policy Statement for each key area of the accounting for the company. You can organize the manual either by topic (for example "cost of sales" or by account group (the G/L accounts with the largest dollar activity)

Each policy statement has separate sections as follows;

1) Background information on the topic

2) The accounting policy the company uses now

3) The IFRS statements that are applicable to this topic and a summary of their requirements.

4) The accounting procedures - here you show the debits and credits of an example transaction

5) A section for references used in your Policy Statement

Counterofbeans

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The first place I'd start is by looking up competitors in your industry and consider what accounting policies they follow. A helpful place to look here might be public companies via sec.gov or 10kwizard.com, etc. This should get you started

Last edited:

Ask a Question