UK Accounting software advice please..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some accounting software that will do all of the normal accounting things (vat return etc) but also break down various 'projects'. We sell vehicles and need records of how much has been spent on each. SAGE claimed to do this but there was no way of seeing each individual project and the expenses against it as they were all muddled together. Is there anything out there that would this? Thank you!

Reaction score
Country
United States
We just switched from Sage to Quick books Enterprise. I would recommend that. They have fields where you can apply customers and vendors to specific jobs.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been using Quickbooks for 20 years. The 2016 version still does not work with my bank for online banking. It will as soon as my bank updates its software.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I need some accounting software that will do all of the normal accounting things (vat return etc) but also break down various 'projects'. We sell vehicles and need records of how much has been spent on each. SAGE claimed to do this but there was no way of seeing each individual project and the expenses against it as they were all muddled together. Is there anything out there that would this? Thank you!
QuickBooks is pretty good. I have used it for my audits and book keeping services and it helps you keep track of individual projects. You could even look at accounting firms that specialize in accoutnign software solutions to help you move to Quick Books. This could be a one time thing wherein they help you set up and migrate and then you can go about your business.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
KashFlow is also pretty good. But as mentioned by Gilbert, you could even look at accounting firms that specialize in accounting software solutions as this is what we do for our local clients.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would recommend QuickBooks software. It gives you a better control on the payroll, time and expense items with a customized reporting for a project.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
quick book and Kash flow booth are good software for audit and bookkeeping services.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,
Is any of the Accounting software allowing to connect to bank account reconcile sales and purchases and have the ability to receive the invoices from suppliers with in the software and account payable to just log in see the outstanding invoices and make the payments? marking the invoice as paid and reconciled to the specific expense code? to be able to take more than one connection but give different user different access credentials
I hope some one has an answer look foward to hear that
Thanks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi LL78!
Transitioning can be difficult but your requests don't sound too difficult to find software for. The software I use is called Ledgersync and all transactions are automatic so you would be able to see all the fine details such as you have described. It also means less work when bookkeeping - hurrah! If you're unsure if it has the right features for what you're needing, be sure to book a demo so you can answer your own question and give it a try before committing.
Good luck!

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Well in my own opinion i believe how you customised your chart of account really matters. Most of the time its not the software but how you build you chart of account determines the result you get. I will recommend Sage Peachtree products, such product have proved to be more friendly .

Adeyemi Mafe
Principal Consultant
Citywhite Management system Ltd

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
I would like to recommend QuickBooks, I have worked with it 2 years, it's easy to use. :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, given you're best informed as to your needs I would approach each of the companies that have been recommended to you and ask what they can offer you. Frankly I think Sage is completely outdated. I've heard good things about Xero but know little about Quickbooks so can't comment on them. Good luck if you haven't already found a vendor!

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
All votes for Quickbooks. Of course it is best for your requirements.

Ask a Question