Canada Accounting Software Decision

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,

I am trying to decide which accounting software to choose for my accounting needs. Background is as follows: I own two bakeries with 20 employees at one and 16 at the other. Each bakery really only purchases off or 5-6 vendors. My accountant currently takes account sales and enters from our deposit books. Store revenue is provided in summary form along with hst collected (one entry per month for this transaction). As you can see, it is a fairly basic setup. I am, of course, concerned about reporting accurately, but more so with respect to payroll as I want to ensure I am remitting the correct amounts to CRA and WSIB. I have read reviews on both quickbooks online and sage online and the reviews are mixed. Some people love one or the other and others hate them. Any help with a basic program with an easy learning curve would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Paul

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the reasons you've just mentioned re reading reviews, it's not possible for anybody on here to say that this one or that one will be best for you or easiest to get to grips with. You might be able to have a free trial of those available online though, so could try that to see how you get on with them.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Fair enough. I will inquire with a few of them and see if they will allow me to try them.

Thanks,

Paul

Ask a Question