Advice Needed

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am currently an accounts manager at a resort in the Caribbean who will be migrating to the US later this year. I have a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from our local University with 9 years working experience ranging in accounting, banking and auditing. All of my work experience and knowledge is based on my country's company and labour laws and tax systems. I need some advice on what type or level of jobs I should be looking at when I migrate. I have been using several websites to view job postings in the area that I will be living in and because I am not familiar with the US tax systems I am uncertain of the level of jobs that I should apply for.

My aim is to find a job and enroll part-time in a MS in Accounting program to complete the New York State education requirement and then sit the CPA exams within the next 3-4 years.

I welcome any ideas, comments and questions. Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Ask a Question