USA Advice Needed

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I started sort of a side business about 6 months ago, and it has since then turned into something a lot bigger. I do web design and hosting for businesses. I never really treated it as a business because I was just doing it for extra cash from time to time. Now that my clientele is growing and my reputation is expanding, I have decided to fully commit to the business.

I have around 50 receipts for purchases that I made over the past 6 months. These include software licenses, monthly server leases, and other miscellaneous purchases. I need to start keeping up with my books and I have no idea how to account for all of these past transactions. Most of them were paid from my PayPal account, some from my checking account. Do I consider those purchases a part of owner's capital?

Any help is greatly appreciated! I am motivated to get these done so that I can stay on track with my business.

iVB

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Jeremy,

you can choose any online software to keep your books in order. I screened a lot of them in the last 6 months (Quickbooks, Freshbooks, Xero and so forth) and eventually I found GoDaddy Book Keeping is the best for my needs (I'm a web designer freelance). It's very easy, clear and complete (and inexpensive).

I hope this help.

Ask a Question