Advice on furthering career

Reaction score
Dear All,

I would like to get some advice from everyone. I am an ACCA qualified individual with almost 7 years of wrk experience within the Oil & Gas and real estate sectors. What I would like to get advice on is that how do I further my qualification to help me in my career. Should I do an MBA, or CMA or CIMA? etc.

Many thanks!

Kind regards,

Saad Dawood

Reaction score
The dollar difference between the CMA and an MBA are so significant that you can't really compare them. They're apples and oranges. One is a graduate degree from a business school and the other is a certification.

Of course an MBA is important in order to demonstrate to employer's you're not just a "bean counter"; but that you are also well versed in business and are able to manage much more than money and financial statements.

Do you have your CPA yet? The CMA is essentially two parts of the four part CPA exam so taking the CMA before the CPA would probably be a smart move. Though if funds are available (and time) why not enroll in an MBA program AND pursue your CMA?

Ask a Question