Allowable expenses: accommodation / use of home

UK Discussion in 'Technical Queries' started by Ruby123, Nov 30, 2016.

  1. Ruby123

    Ruby123 Guest

    I am a destination wedding planner and previously I only travelled from the UK to Europe when their was an event and therefore put my travel and accommodation expenses in the accounts. I then put through £10 a month use of home for my uk residence. (At this point I also had a full time UK job in addition to this self employed work)
    This summer I quit the full time job and went self employed completely. In order to reduce the travelling I spent an extended period in the area I cover in Europe rather than flying backwards and forwards. Please note I am still a UK resident.
    1. For the months I am back in the UK I will put through the £10 use of home as normal?
    2. For the period I was away I have put through my inbound and outbound flights plus any travel expenses incurred directly relating to an event. Can I claim any accommodation expenses? For the whole period or just around the dates I had events?
    As well as staying there I was also using the accommodation to work from my laptop etc

    Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Thank you
    Ruby123, Nov 30, 2016
    1. Advertisements

  2. Ruby123

    Julia Satin

    Nov 6, 2016
    Likes Received:
    Hi Ruby,

    There is another forum where you can get answers much faster and from many specialists. It is called
    Julia Satin, Dec 7, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.