USA Amazon Affilate program

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,

I've got an online health business in which I am a single-member LLC and I'm going through the process of filling out paperwork for Amazon affiliate program to commission from sales.

When I'm filling it out it asks If I'm a C-Corp/S-Corp/ or partnership?

It doesn't give me the option for a single-member LLC in the drop-down?

Can I get some advice on which category it would fall under?

Thanks!

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Did you obtain an EIN from the IRS? Their welcome letter should tell you if you are a disregarded entity (schedule C filer - default status), a partnership (1065 filer), a C Corp (1120 filer) or an S Corp (1120s) filer.

From your question, I would suspect you are the default status which means you are not a partnership or corporation.

Legally an LLC is defined as a partnership. But also legally a partnership needs at least two people.

Tax-wise, the IRS, no longer cares what you are legally. They just want you to tell them how you elect to be taxed.

Chalk this up to the tech industry not understanding everything and having ridiculous limits on their on-line platforms.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the response! I did obtain an EIN number but I don't remember what type of entity they classified my business as.

It seems like that doesn't matter as much as how I would like to be taxed. From other forums I think they were recommending a C corp for a single member LLC?

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The letter the IRS sent tells you how you are to be taxed and how to change it if you would like something else. A c Corp is not an LLC. But it is Amazon and they know everything (extreme sarcasm here). So who am I or anyone else to say different.

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
No looks like you are a disregarded entity. If you were an S Corp that letter would state you need to file 1120S.

Ask a Question