American Express Download


G

Gary B. Berns

Before posting this I looked at the last month's headers and didn't
see anything.

Is there a recent problem downloading AMEX credit card transactions?
Have been unable to do so for last several days and, of course, Q2006
constantly reminds me of the uncompleted download whenever I enter or
leave the program. The reminder is a bigger annoyance that the
download as I can always get the transactions by web downloading and
importing them.
 
Ad

Advertisements

Z

Z Man

Gary B. Berns said:
Before posting this I looked at the last month's headers and didn't
see anything.

Is there a recent problem downloading AMEX credit card transactions?
Have been unable to do so for last several days and, of course, Q2006
constantly reminds me of the uncompleted download whenever I enter or
leave the program. The reminder is a bigger annoyance that the
download as I can always get the transactions by web downloading and
importing them.
I download three Amex cards daily and have not experienced any problems.
Actually, American Express has the best download in the industry, with most
transactions available by the next business day.
 
A

Arnie Goetchius

Z said:
I download three Amex cards daily and have not experienced any problems.
Actually, American Express has the best download in the industry, with most
transactions available by the next business day.
same here.
 
C

Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

Gary B. Berns said:
Is there a recent problem downloading AMEX credit card transactions?
Have been unable to do so for last several days and, of course, Q2006
constantly reminds me of the uncompleted download whenever I enter or
leave the program. The reminder is a bigger annoyance that the
download as I can always get the transactions by web downloading and
importing them.

Had a problem with auto downloads from Amex last week. Kept giving an error
message - something about account not recognized. When in an manually downloaded
the account and that seemed to fix the auto download.
 
W

Wayne

There is a problem and the following is taken from the Intuit.ca web site.

"Due to some changes on the American Express Web site, the Online Banking
Booster servers are no longer able to access your account transactions.
We are working on a solution for this and appreciate your patience in this
matter. You will be notified via this Web site when this problem is solved.

In the meantime, you can continue manually downloading the Quicken
Interchange Format (QIF) file from the American Express Web site and
importing the file into Quicken."
 
G

Gary B. Berns

In spite of what you said, I went to the on line setup of the account
in Q2006 and deactivated the online service on the account. I then
reactivated by putting back in my user id and password and the problem
went away. I had seen this suggested in one forum or another some
time ago and figured there was nothing to lose. Actually it turned
out there was much to gain.
 
Ad

Advertisements

A

Andrew

Z said:
Actually, American Express has the best download in the industry, with
most transactions available by the next business day.
Well, I for one dissent. Not sure whose problem it is, but often (more
often than not), I received DUPLICATE downloads for the same bill with
different dates from my AMEX corp card. Also, they've been down a number of
times. I find them the WORST download FI I deal with (albeit I don't deal
with more than a handful....)

http://tinyurl.com/9cah9

was the thread from about a year ago when a number of us had problems.
 
C

Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

Andrew said:
often (more
often than not), I received DUPLICATE downloads for the same bill with
different dates from my AMEX corp card. Also, they've been down a number of
times. I find them the WORST download FI I deal with (albeit I don't deal
with more than a handful....)

Same here. The duplicate thing is really annoying as there is no way to delete
them from the queue. You have to accept each transaction into the register and
then delete it there.
 
Z

Z Man

Andrew said:
Well, I for one dissent. Not sure whose problem it is, but often (more
often than not), I received DUPLICATE downloads for the same bill with
different dates from my AMEX corp card. Also, they've been down a number
of times. I find them the WORST download FI I deal with (albeit I don't
deal with more than a handful....)

http://tinyurl.com/9cah9

was the thread from about a year ago when a number of us had problems.
I have not experienced such problems. I will admit that Amex is occasionally
down, but only for short periods of time, and infrequently. I have not had a
problem with duplicate downloads, and I charge dozens of times (mostly on my
Delta Skymiles) on three cards each month. My principal Amex card shows
almost three thousand transactions dating back to 1998. I have no
complaints.
 
Z

Z Man

Clark W. Griswold said:
Same here. The duplicate thing is really annoying as there is no way to
delete
them from the queue. You have to accept each transaction into the register
and
then delete it there.
You guys should investigate this problem, maybe by contacting Amex directly.
I never even look at the individual transactions, I just automatically
accept them all. There must be a reason why some folks and not others are
experiencing this aggravating issue.
 
Ad

Advertisements

B

Bill

I had not realized that there was a problem, but I also had not
been getting transactions downloaded. After my download on
Tuesday night, I found a bunch of new stuff that was over a week
old. I had not noticed any errors, just no transactions.

Bill
 
Ad

Advertisements

M

Mike D

(bump)

I recently had this same problem, too -- it was telling me that I
needed to complete an online session with Amex everytime I opened or
exited Quicken, but the online session would never "complete" and I
couldn't download new transactions.

I deactivated my online account with Amex, and then reactivated it, and
all is well again. In Quicken 2005 at least, you do this from the
account in question itself . . . .

- Mike.
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top