USA any advice would be appreciated, gaming license in jeopardy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I received a letter from my employer stating that i was not granted tax clearance for the year 2016 and that if i do not amend the issues my license will be suspended or revoked. Try as i might it seems that i cannot get this resolved and no one can help me, ive even gone to a tax office and called the local irs office. I didnt file for 2016 which was stupid on my part but two of my employers i got in touch with multiple times and they would say they sent my w2 but i never got it. At the time i was a waitress and i made all my money in tips so it didnt seem to matter. The letter i received states that i need to call IRS, i call and it says the number is not in service. So i call local tax office and they tell me they can get my w2s but it wont have my state information so in the way of my license, that wont help me. I call the Dept of Revenue and they tell me that they cant help with w2s (obviously). I go to their website and I can file there but not only do i need all w2's i also need 1040's which i once again do not have because i did not file. if anyone can help me crawl out of this whole ive dug for myself i would greatly greatly appreciate it.

bklynboy

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
First get to a tax attorney or CPA. You need to have someone with experience help you. Next you need to file something and usually if you dont have a W2 you file Form 4852 which is estimated income. But getting help first is the best bet.

Ask a Question