Any good reason not to use online banking for checks?

Reaction score
In the past the business has printed checks and mailed them to vendors, attaching the check stubs to the invoice and filling it. I was thinking about cutting checks with online banking to save on postage. There is no stub that goes with the check but on the other hand there is a memo field and I think this would be sufficient. There is no stub that stays with me to staple to the invoice either but on the other hand it doesn't seem really necessary. In Quickbooks I can just put online banking transaction number in place of the check number. All in all it doesn't seem necessary to print and mail checks myself anymore. Thoughts?

Reaction score
An e-check, is a great way to securely send money via the Web. Read more: How to Send Money by Online Check. One of the unintended consequences is not buying stamps for years. In addition, the bank guarantees delivery by the date selected. Seems like a winwin!

Ask a Question